Pamir Highway Rideshare August 2021

Share a ride on the Pamir Highway
Forum rules
1. Commercial offers are not allowed.
2. Please do not share personal contact details in your posts. Get in touch through the personal message system. Your PM stays in your outbox until the recipient logs in again.
3. Posts without a reply for more than 90 days are automatically removed.
4. Please report drivers sending you private messages. It helps us keep this board free from commercial intent.
gianlucapersia

Pamir Highway Rideshare August 2021

Post by gianlucapersia »

Hi everyone!

I'm planning to visit Tajikistan and Uzbekistan this august. I'd like to land in Kyrgyzystan and reach Khorog from Osh hitchhiking or sharing a planned ride with some other travellers. Anyone else planning to come along?
I'll probably get to Osh on the 7th or 8th of August. I'm on a quite tight schedule, so I would like no spend no more than 4-5 days between Osh and Khorog. Anyone willing to join?

In case someone's interested in trekking central Pamirs or Fann mountains I would also love to gather some buddies!

Cheers

Gianluca
0 x

Iskandar

Re: Pamir Highway Rideshare August 2021

Post by Iskandar »

Hello, I woul like to cross also Pamir, but from Osh to Khorog in 5 days is not posible because the land border of Tajikstan are closed. Only way is fligth to Dushanbe, may be in august the situation change and open, but also there are problems between Kyrgyztan and Tajikistan around thier borders.
You can fligth to dushanbe from Tashkent from 60 Us dollars to up.
0 x

RD1993

Post by RD1993 »

I'd definitely be interested if the timelines match up. My plans are somewhat up in the air right now...I will either be flying into Central Asia from New York in late July (like around ~July 22) or in early August (around ~Aug 5). And if people care, I am fully vaccinated at this point.

Plan is to hopefully see Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan through early to mid September before going over to Uzbekistan and then the Caucuses in October, so I suppose I'm on a somewhat tight timeline since I would like to see both Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan before the climate gets too cold for mountain driving/hiking. Edit: I will say, it would *probably* be easier for me to fly into Dushnabe and then end in Osh, that way I only need to enter Kyrgyzstan once
0 x

Joan

Post by Joan »

Hello, I am also looking for a ride share on the Pamir Highway preferably starting around August 12th departing from Osh. Also interested to do some hikes and the Bartang Valley.
0 x

Iskandar

Post by Iskandar »

RD1993 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 11:57 pm
I'd definitely be interested if the timelines match up. My plans are somewhat up in the air right now...I will either be flying into Central Asia from New York in late July (like around ~July 22) or in early August (around ~Aug 5). And if people care, I am fully vaccinated at this point.

Plan is to hopefully see Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan through early to mid September before going over to Uzbekistan and then the Caucuses in October, so I suppose I'm on a somewhat tight timeline since I would like to see both Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan before the climate gets too cold for mountain driving/hiking. Edit: I will say, it would *probably* be easier for me to fly into Dushnabe and then end in Osh, that way I only need to enter Kyrgyzstan once
Hello, you are in the 33 nationalities that can entry Kyrgyztan overland from Tajikistan?
0 x

Iskandar

Post by Iskandar »

Joan wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 2:34 pm
Hello, I am also looking for a ride share on the Pamir Highway preferably starting around August 12th departing from Osh. Also interested to do some hikes and the Bartang Valley.
Hello, I am interesting in the Bartang Valley and Pamir Highway, but now is not allow got from Osh to Tajikistan and cross broder overland, only in the another way, Tajikistan to Osh if you are on the list of 33 nationalities. If not, the only way is a circular trip in Tajikistan. I am planing for go in July, but if still the border closes I can change for August or September. I would like to share costs.
0 x

RD1993

Post by RD1993 »

Iskandar wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 12:04 am
RD1993 wrote:

Hello, you are in the 33 nationalities that can entry Kyrgyztan overland from Tajikistan?
as of now I am not on that list as I am a US citizen, but I think by Aug it should be open for US citizens? Since covid rates are going down and vaccine rates are going up here so the US should hopefully become a "Green" country by then. Personally I am going off the assumption for now that I should be able to enter Osh (my bigger worry is honestly getting PCR tested near the border before entry if I still need to do that).

Also - I couldn't find much info online but I believe the Chabysh festival will be held in Murghab at some point in early to mid August, so that is definitely something I would like to catch if possible. As well as a game of buzkashi if that is do-able and not in the festival. And I definitely will be flying into central Asia (preferably Dushanbe) early August not late July
0 x

Iskandar

Post by Iskandar »

RD1993 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 12:42 pm
Iskandar wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 12:04 am
RD1993 wrote:

as of now I am not on that list as I am a US citizen, but I think by Aug it should be open for US citizens? Since covid rates are going down and vaccine rates are going up here so the US should hopefully become a "Green" country by then. Personally I am going off the assumption for now that I should be able to enter Osh (my bigger worry is honestly getting PCR tested near the border before entry if I still need to do that).

Also - I couldn't find much info online but I believe the Chabysh festival will be held in Murghab at some point in early to mid August, so that is definitely something I would like to catch if possible. As well as a game of buzkashi if that is do-able and not in the festival. And I definitely will be flying into central Asia (preferably Dushanbe) early August not late July
Well, also I hope this list will increase on the next months. If not, the only way for go Pamir is a circular trip inside Tajikistan. If the festivals go on, on this option will be posible to see. But every week the restrictions on every country are changing.
0 x

travelerthomas

Post by travelerthomas »

-
Last edited by travelerthomas on Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

DFJtravelling

Post by DFJtravelling »

gianlucapersia wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 11:16 am
Hi everyone!

I'm planning to visit Tajikistan and Uzbekistan this august. I'd like to land in Kyrgyzystan and reach Khorog from Osh hitchhiking or sharing a planned ride with some other travellers. Anyone else planning to come along?
I'll probably get to Osh on the 7th or 8th of August. I'm on a quite tight schedule, so I would like no spend no more than 4-5 days between Osh and Khorog. Anyone willing to join?

In case someone's interested in trekking central Pamirs or Fann mountains I would also love to gather some buddies!

Cheers

Gianluca
Hi,

Sounds really good. My plan is to go there in August as well. My plans are quite open, but end july of august it is. I would like to join.

Gr.
Joost
1 x