Pamir Highway Rideshare August 2021

Share a ride on the Pamir Highway
Forum rules
1. Commercial offers are not allowed.
2. Please do not share personal contact details in your posts. Get in touch through the personal message system. Your PM stays in your outbox until the recipient logs in again.
3. Posts without a reply for more than 90 days are automatically removed.
4. Please report drivers sending you private messages. It helps us keep this board free from commercial intent.
travelerthomas

Re: Pamir Highway Rideshare August 2021

Post by travelerthomas »

Joan wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:36 pm
Hi guys!
I am aiming to visit the Bartang valley and Pamir Highway (14 days, starting and finishing in Dushanbe due to the land border restrictions). I plan to start around August 13th. On my list is a hike to the Grim-Grizhmaylo glacier and a short hike into the Darshai Gorge. I already reached out to a driver. Anyone interested to join? The itinarary can be adjusted. Looking forward on replies!
Your dates align very well for when I plan on being in this region. I am most definitely interested.
0 x

nickd

Post by nickd »

travelerthomas wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:58 am
Joan wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:36 pm
Hi guys!
I am aiming to visit the Bartang valley and Pamir Highway (14 days, starting and finishing in Dushanbe due to the land border restrictions). I plan to start around August 13th. On my list is a hike to the Grim-Grizhmaylo glacier and a short hike into the Darshai Gorge. I already reached out to a driver. Anyone interested to join? The itinarary can be adjusted. Looking forward on replies!
Your dates align very well for when I plan on being in this region. I am most definitely interested.
I'm interested to join for a hike to Grum-Grzhimailo glacier. Darshai you plan just to go up to hot spring and back, or explore the valley head? I already arrived to Pamirs, plan to do trekking around here till end of summer. So I don't need share transport from Dushanbe. Just maybe joining from Rushan.
0 x

Boris_S

Post by Boris_S »

Short video from Darshai gorge. (~ halfway between Darshai village and hot springs).

This overhung section of trail ("ovring" in Pamiri ) has its own name Khung-I-Parin meaning Sanguinary wall.
-------------------------
Christian, thanks a lot for info, especially for the extremely useful Steynard's photolink. 8-)
1 x

Christian77
Tajikistan expert
Tajikistan expert

Post by Christian77 »

Boris_S wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:53 pm
Short video from Darshai gorge. (~ halfway between Darshai village and hot springs).

Christian, thanks a lot for info, especially for the extremely useful Steynard's photolink.[/color] 8-)
If you have the time, the upper Darshay gorge looks pretty wild: https://satellites.pro/Tajikistan_map#3 ... .825208,16
1 x

Koen

Post by Koen »

Wow, good link with satellites images, walked all the way up virtual to the glacier.
Would be epic the do the hike approx. 25 miles one way.
Multiple day trekking with some other people.
0 x
Rollingdutchman @ instagram

gianlucapersia

Post by gianlucapersia »

Hi all again,

I originally started this post without having any fixed flight or plan. I'm gonna land in ushanbe on the 8th of August by night and gonna jump into a shared taxi to Khorog. From there, I plan to visit the Wakhan Corridor and Bulunkul lake, then back to Khorog and up towards the Fann Mountains for a 1-week long trek. Will anyone be around at that time? I'm quite flexible on plans. Also likely to visit the Bartang valley up to Khafrazdara. Or maybe to a complete circle Khorog - Murgab - Karakol - Bartang - Khorog. Would be nice to meet some tavel buddy around.

Cheers
0 x

OddbjornB

Post by OddbjornB »

Hi,

I'm planning to visit Tajikistan in September, and am looking for other travellers to share a 4x4 for Pamir Highway, either as a circular trip within Tajikistan (if landborder to Kyrgyzstan still closed) or the standard route from Dushanbe - Osh. I'm flexible on dates in September. :)

Anyone interested?
/Oddbjorn
0 x

nickd

Post by nickd »

gianlucapersia wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:16 am
Hi all again,

I originally started this post without having any fixed flight or plan. I'm gonna land in ushanbe on the 8th of August by night and gonna jump into a shared taxi to Khorog. From there, I plan to visit the Wakhan Corridor and Bulunkul lake, then back to Khorog and up towards the Fann Mountains for a 1-week long trek. Will anyone be around at that time? I'm quite flexible on plans. Also likely to visit the Bartang valley up to Khafrazdara. Or maybe to a complete circle Khorog - Murgab - Karakol - Bartang - Khorog. Would be nice to meet some tavel buddy around.

Cheers
Hi, I'm in Khorog, went a few trekking routes already, maybe we could join for Khafrazdara trek, if I'm still here when u arrive
0 x