Dushanbe to Osh (beginning of August) or Osh to Dushanbe (second half of August)

Share a ride on the Pamir Highway
robinsee

Dushanbe to Osh (beginning of August) or Osh to Dushanbe (second half of August)

Postby robinsee » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:24 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm planing a trip to Kirghizistan and Tajikistan in August, either from Dushanbe to Bishkek or from Bishkek to Dushanbe starting around August 6-7th. I will be travelling solo so I'm looking for partners to share a car with driver for a 8-10 day tour on the Pamir highway between Dushanbe and Osh.
Depending on the location of start and finish, the dates wouldn't be the same (the best would be starting in Dushanbe on August 5-6th, otherwise starting in Osh would be around August 15th), but it's still a litlle bit flexible since the flight isn't booked yet.
My name is Robin, 27, from France.

Who's in? :)
0 x

carinamani

Re: Dushanbe to Osh (beginning of August) or Osh to Dushanbe (second half of August)

Postby carinamani » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:14 pm

Hi Robin,

I am also looking to go from Dushanbe to Osh around the same time. My name is Carina, 22, from US/Canada and I will also be traveling the region solo.

Let me know!
0 x

robinsee

Re: Dushanbe to Osh (beginning of August) or Osh to Dushanbe (second half of August)

Postby robinsee » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:37 pm

Hi Carina,

sounds good to me, I also think it's better to start in Dushanbe than in Osh. For sure we can settle this together! Do you already have your flights, or do you know when you will arrive in Dushanbe?
0 x

Toby

Postby Toby » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:16 am

Hi Robin and Carina,

I don't know how flexible you are.

I (65 male) will be traveling solo from Dushanbe to Osh, too. I have already booked my flight and will be in Dushanbe on August 1st and intend to start the trip on August 3rd.

So if you could make your start 2 for 3 days earlier I would be glad to join.

Toby
0 x

robinsee

Postby robinsee » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:31 am

Hi Toby,
I'm flying back from Malta to France on August 3rd, wich means I can't leave to Dushanbe before August 4th. The soonest for me would be starting on August 5th, could this fit in your planning?
0 x

Toby

Postby Toby » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:49 pm

Hi Robin,

thanks for your fast reply.

For time reasons I prefer to start a little bit earlier. If I do not find any companions to share the ride I would do it alone. If I change my mind I will let you know.

Good luck!

Toby
0 x

Leslie

Postby Leslie » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:19 pm

I'm interested! The week you proposed works for me. 29 y/o female, American. Let me know where you are in planning!
0 x

robinsee

Postby robinsee » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:52 am

Hi Leslie! For now we're 3 including you and Carina if you're interested! We still have to figure out how long we want to go for (probably around 9-10 days) and the day of departure, so we can look for a driver! Is August 5th or 6th a good starting day for you?

Ok Toby, let us know if you change your mind!
0 x

Leslie

Postby Leslie » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:26 pm

Hi Robin,

I can't start on holiday until August 7, which would put my in Dushanabe likely around August 8, if that works? 9-10 days sounds good to me.
0 x

robinsee

Postby robinsee » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:05 pm

August 8th could work but for me that implies reducing the length of the tour (to 7-8 days) since I won't have much time afterward before flying back home. We could for instance start on August 8th and finish on August 14th or 15th?
0 x