Almaty to Karakol in August 2024, Looking to share a ride

Share an adventure in Kazakhstan.
Forum rules
1. Posts without a reply for more than 6 months are automatically removed.
DANNY8995

Almaty to Karakol in August 2024, Looking to share a ride

Post by DANNY8995 »

Hi All,

I am planning a trip to Central Asia which will take me from Kazakhstan to Kyrgyzstan and finish in Uzbekistan.

Got everything planned and in order, except for getting to Karakol.

I will be in Almaty and the plan is to leave Almaty early and head through to the Kegan border into Kyrgyzstan and into Karakol where I'll stay for a couple of days and head to Bishkek and fly into Tashkent. On the way to Karakol I want to see a couple of the sites in Kazakhstan too on the way such as; Charyn canyon and Kosai Lake if possible before heading over the border.

I am looking for the best way to do this, I found some tour guides but since I am solo travelling they come out super expensive.

Has anyone done this before and have tips? Anyone doing it and able to have me tag along for the ride? Anyone interested in joining me with the tour guide and splitting the cost?

I am pretty flexible with plans although ideally the day I am looking to do this is 7th of August.

Please get in touch with responses or advice :D

(P.S if anyone is interested I am planning to do Ala Kul, explore Issyk Kul and some sites around it during my time in Karakol. Between 7-10th August 2024)

Kind regards,

Danny
0 x

Hannah311

Re: Almaty to Karakol in August 2024, Looking to share a ride

Post by Hannah311 »

Hi Danny,

My partner and I (30F, 29M British), are looking at doing something very similar to this! At the moment we are considering renting a car in Almaty to be able to visit the places you mention on either side of the border. If you would like to chat more, please PM me! We haven't booked anything yet (except international flights) so can be flexible, but are looking at being in the region from the 6th-19th August.

Thanks,
Hannah
0 x