Almaty - Altyn Emel NP - Charyn Canyon - Kegen/Karkara

Share an adventure in Kazakhstan.
Forum rules
1. Posts without a reply for more than 6 months are automatically removed.
mm-DK-AUS

Almaty - Altyn Emel NP - Charyn Canyon - Kegen/Karkara

Postby mm-DK-AUS » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:50 am

Hi!

We're a couple looking to do a 2 day trip to Altyn Emel NP followed by 1 day at Charyn Canyon. Then we would like to cross the Karkara border point through to Karakol, instead of returning to Almaty.
Online tour prices seem really expensive for two people, so I was wondering if anyone has good suggestions on how to do this on a budget. Also, is it easy to book things on the spot when you arrive at your hostel or do you have to have things pre-booked?

We're arriving in Almaty next week on Sep 12 and looking to do the trip on Sep 14-17. If anyone is keen to join we could perhaps reduce costs (also we love company, which is why we're not fond of the very expensive private tour quotes we've found online).

Any advice is much appreciated!

Cheers,
Marie
0 x

Fess

Re: Almaty - Altyn Emel NP - Charyn Canyon - Kegen/Karkara

Postby Fess » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:40 pm

Hi- I just posted for our own trip to Altyn Emel so if you are interested in joining us let us know. We can go over details and maybe you have found a better option. I am not sure if foreigners can get to Karakol without going through Bishkek and we were in Karakol and didn't see this option but maybe you have found it. Cheers
0 x