Trip from Almaty to Charyn Canyon and Saty (for lakes Kolsay / Kaindy) around June 13 2022

Share an adventure in Kazakhstan.
Forum rules
1. Posts without a reply for more than 6 months are automatically removed.
Kasia

Trip from Almaty to Charyn Canyon and Saty (for lakes Kolsay / Kaindy) around June 13 2022

Post by Kasia »

I just noticed that I wrote this post in the wrong subcategory (Places-Kazakhstan):

After researching different options for a trip to Charyn Canyon and lakes Kolsay + Kaindy, I (female solo traveller) am thinking about the following:
- hire a driver for the trip Almaty-Charyn-Saty (only one-way) in one day, accomodation in a guesthouse
- from Saty daytrip to lake Kaindy
- move onwards to Kolsay lakes, accomodation in one of the yurt camps, hiking
- back to Almaty by marshrutka from Saty or hitchhiking

At the moment I think about starting on June 13 (Monday), but I am somewhat flexible with it.

I dont want to be in a hurry, just take my time, enjoy village life and nature. I speak+ understand enough russian to find my way, ask for places to eat, acommodation and prices.

If anybody is interested in joyning me, please dm me or write here.
0 x

NickL

Re: Trip from Almaty to Charyn Canyon and Saty (for lakes Kolsay / Kaindy) around June 13 2022

Post by NickL »

Hey Kasia,

Saw your post about heading to the Charyn Canyon and I would love to join! I have been sitting in front of my laptop all day trying to plan a similar trip, but its all so expensive solo...

I'm happy to head off on the 13th of June, aiming to get back to Almaty on the 14th it looks like?

FYI I'm a 32 year old Australian guy traveling solo, if you want to checkout my instagram its @nicklilleyman and my whatsapp is +61435073626. My couchsurfing profile is below too

https://www.couchsurfing.com/people/nicholas-lilleyman

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Nick
0 x

Likke

Re: Trip from Almaty to Charyn Canyon and Saty (for lakes Kolsay / Kaindy) around June 13 2022

Post by Likke »

Hi Kasia, Nick,

Have you been on the trip to charyn and saty? If not yet, we're (2pax) interrested to join. We'll be arrive in Almaty on monday, 27 june 2022. We are also interrested to do trip in the nearby national park of Almaty.

If somebody ia interrested to do the same trip to share cost, please let us now. Our WA number: +32489285342.

Note: After Kazakhstan, we will be in Kyrgistan (begin of July) and tajikistan (mid until end of july), also interrested to look for travel.partner to share cost of transport.

Cheers,
Likke and Koen
0 x

Kasia

Post by Kasia »

Hi Likke and Koen,

yes, we did the trip, but as not independent as I first thought:
we arranged a 2 day trip (with accomodation in a guesthouse in Saty) via indyguide, and the agency brought us in contact with 2 other travelers to split the costs. It was a great trip with good company.

I think my original plan is doable, but takes a lot of planning and time - and all the steps in-between (from Saty to the lakes etc.) cost extra. But had I not met the other guys I would have gone for it.

Now I am in Kyrgyzstan and will be at Lake Issyk Kol / Karakol / Jyrgalan for 2-3 weeks. Happy to see you there!

Best greetings, Kasia
1 x

kammy

Post by kammy »

Can you share more about the costs of the Kolsay lakes trip from Saty and what it included? I'm planning on going in August 2022.
0 x