Trip from Almaty to Charyn canyon and Kaindy and Kolsai lakes in late August

Share an adventure in Kazakhstan.
Forum rules
1. Posts without a reply for more than 6 months are automatically removed.
Matej.H

Trip from Almaty to Charyn canyon and Kaindy and Kolsai lakes in late August

Post by Matej.H »

Hello, I´m a solo traveler and I will be in Almaty from 17.8 to 25.8. I wanted to go on a 2 day trip to see Charyn, Kaindy and Kolsai lakes with a tour or rent a car (it doesn´t matter). Will anybody will be in Almaty who is willing to go on the trip and share a cost?

You can contact me here or via email: [email protected]
0 x

jvjjjvvv

Re: Trip from Almaty to Charyn canyon and Kaindy and Kolsai lakes in late August

Post by jvjjjvvv »

Hi. I went with a tour myself a few weeks ago. It was cheap (around 50 dollars for the whole weekend, with mostly Russian-speaking guides and tourists). If you want to know, the company I did it with is called Steppe Spirit and the guides are nice. But in general I'd advice against tours, as on those peak hours during the weekend every place was as crowded as a mall. It was a bit shocking to see, but maybe also because I don't go on tours ever, almost. In my opinion this really subtracts from the experience and it would be better to go by oneself and have enough time to hike and explore one lake after another. Ideally speaking at least.
1 x

Teddy B

Re: Trip from Almaty to Charyn canyon and Kaindy and Kolsai lakes in late August

Post by Teddy B »

This company [NGO?] also offer budget trips from Almaty:
http://www.eco-tourism.kz/weekend_e.html
0 x