Almaty -> Karakol rideshare topic

Share an adventure in Kazakhstan.
steven
Admin
Admin

Almaty -> Karakol rideshare topic

Postby steven » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:05 pm

Going from Almaty to Karakol? Want to share a ride? Post your travel plan and contact details below.

If you are going in the opposite direction, see the Karakol to Almaty rideshare topic.

If you need more info on the Karkara valley border crossing, see the Kazakhstan border crossings and Kyrgyzstan border crossings pages on the website.

If you have a question or a report, let it be known in the Karkara valley border forum topic.

Important! To keep this topic clean, please contact other travelers directly via their phone/e-mail/whatsapp. Please do not reply in this topic! Thanks.
0 x
I try to read the forum every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

jidangao

Re: Almaty -> Karakol rideshare topic

Postby jidangao » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:57 am

Hi all (re-posting in this new topic thread),

I've booked a car to go direct from Almaty to Karakol, Kyrgyzstan, via the Kegen border. This trip will include a two hour stop in Charyn Canyon on the way.

I'm travelling by myself so if anyone would like to join in to share costs you are welcome! I've found a company that offers a much cheaper offer than other companies.

Departure at 0700 on 8 July 2018.

Thanks! :)
0 x

Wanderlust

Postby Wanderlust » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:45 pm

Hi everyone,

We are with 2 and have booked a transfer from Almaty to Karakol on 14th August with a stop in Charyn Canyon for 1-2 hours.

Please let us know if anyone wants to join.
0 x

smlby17

Postby smlby17 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:24 pm

Is anybody going this way tomorrow or Monday and has two spare seats? We re having a look at Charyn Canyon and have to continue our journey on our own while the tour bus returns to Almaty. Any ride to or from Kegen, Karkara or Karakol would be helpful!
Thanks, Jan
0 x

alala

Postby alala » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:53 am

Hi,
I would like to join someone on the way, starting 3rd September from Almaty, want to see Charyn Canyon on the way.
1 x

Judith Krrr

Postby Judith Krrr » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:19 pm

alala wrote:Hi,
I would like to join someone on the way, starting 3rd September from Almaty, want to see Charyn Canyon on the way.

Hello! I would be in for sharing a ride or even being hitchhiking buddy :)
0 x

Elenita

Postby Elenita » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:23 pm

Hi there!

We are 2 backpackers that will be travelling from Almaty to Karakol on the 22nd of September (saturday), we would love to stop at Charyn Canyon and arrive before 18pm at the kirgiz border, anyone want to join us? we didn't rent a car or a tour yet, we will probably do the trip sharing a marshrutka if possible.
0 x