Travel Buddy!!

Share rides, hikes & tours in KG. Find partners for Torugart crossing to Kashgar.
Forum rules
1. Posts without a reply for more than 6 months are automatically removed.
mipa6852

Travel Buddy!!

Postby mipa6852 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:37 am

Hi there, my name is Michaela and I am a solo female traveler. I'm dying to do anything in Central Asia and Kyrgyzstan is top of my list. No set trip dates but I am thinking between June and September 2020. Trekking and culture are the main reasons for the trip and would also love to maybe journey down to do the Pamir highway. Just putting out some feelers to fill those jeeps and make friends.

PS advice is also very welcome
0 x

Christian77
Tajikistan expert
Tajikistan expert

Re: Travel Buddy!!

Postby Christian77 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:49 am

I've done the trip twice, and I've spent lots of time in Osh hostels watching people try to get groups together to hire a driver. My advice would be to not worry about it too much right now. I've seen people who had already formed a group a couple months ahead of time, and I've seen groups form within 48 hours of leaving. I would say that the majority of the people who leave from the hostels don't have a group formed more than a week ahead of time.

My only advice is to beware of fellow travellers who think they can get their Tajik e-visa at the last minute. My group lost one traveller that way.

So definitely start talking to people. But don't worry if you are on the road going to Osh and you don't have a group yet.
0 x

yangni

Postby yangni » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:57 pm

Hi Michaela,

I came across your message, i would like to do Pamir from Dushanbe to Osh early June 2020 (sort of flexible on dates 29th May to 5th of June departure date), let me know if that works well with you?

Yang
0 x

TashafromRussia

Postby TashafromRussia » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:14 pm

Hi. I m plannning to visit Kyrgyztan in August. WouLD like to come with my kayak boat (2 persons boat) and my dog. I will travel in boat round the lake Issik kul and visit some cities near, places like a canyon, try to take a trekking tour to Barskoon. I am looking for a female fellow.
0 x

Victorine

Postby Victorine » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:12 am

He michaela:) i am also a solo female traveler, looking to hike a lot in the mountains and all thr other beautiful landscapes. and would love to go to the aka suuu traverse (tough but extremely beautiful views) and hike around karakol, decent men who love hiking also welcome to respond. Looking for hiking/trekking/camping/yurt/mountain lovers which i am sure will be there in kyrgistan:) I willbe arriving in bishkek 28 of july and leave 20th of august

Greetings, victorine
0 x

Reuben

Postby Reuben » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:48 pm

Hi there. I’m planning on going from Osh to dushanabe over the last week of June / early July on a motorcycle. Would love to meet up. With fellow travelers. Do let me know your plans.
0 x