Kel-Suu Lake Hike

Share rides, hikes & tours in KG. Find partners for Torugart crossing to Kashgar.
Forum rules
1. Posts without a reply for more than 6 months are automatically removed.
Harriet

Kel-Suu Lake Hike

Post by Harriet »

Hi all - my name's Harriet and I'm planning a trip to Kyrgyzstan in July/August 2021. I'll be meeting a few pals towards the end of my trip for two weeks (to hopefully drive the Pamir highway, but we shall see...) but wanted to see whether there were any other solo travellers out there who might be interested in doing a hiking/horseriding trip, perhaps to Kel-Suu Lake in mid/late July? I've gotten in touch with a seemingly reputable company (Nomad's Land) who seem to offer a pretty cool hiking itinerary in the mountains around Kel-Suu but would be looking for a few more people to join to lower the costs. Even if this doesn't appeal to you, it would be nice to hear from and potentially link up with some folks who might be in the area around the same time :)
0 x

travelerthomas

Re: Kel-Suu Lake Hike

Post by travelerthomas »

Hi Harriet. I'm Thomas. I should also be in Kyrgyzstan in July and heading in the same general direction as you, eyeing Afghanistan and beyond, with an emphasis on people photography. If I have the maps(of which maps.me typically covers the basic routes) I usually do hiking unguided, but a guide/translator is worth considering if it allows me to get closer to the local population for my photography. Should like to keep a tab on you and your whereabouts as well :).
0 x

dman11

Post by dman11 »

Hi Harriet & Thomas,

I’m Daniel from the United States. If there are no drastic events, I’ll be arriving in Kyrgyzstan in one week and plan on traveling through at least Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, and Tajikistan throughout the summer. If you’re looking for someone to help lower hiking costs for a group, I wouldn’t mind tagging along, as it’s within my personal budget.

Wouldn’t mind touching base sometime along our journeys.

Best,
Daniel
0 x

Harriet

Post by Harriet »

Hi Daniel & Thomas,

Great to hear from you! I am usually the same re hiking unguided, although moving around the Kel-Suu region appears to be much easier with a local guide. I'm tentatively headed out on a 6-day hiking trip around the lake from the 14th of July, so let me know if this interests either of you!

Otherwise, let's try to keep in touch and see whether we cross paths elsewhere in Kyrgyzstan/ along the Pamir highway.

Thanks!

Harriet
0 x