Turkmenistan Transit Visa in Dushanbe

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Cyclist Bang

Re: Turkmenistan Transit Visa in Dushanbe

Postby Cyclist Bang » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:31 pm

Embassy: Turkmenistan embassy in Dushanbe (38.608985, 68.781942 this is the right one)
Nationality: Republic of Korea (South Korea)
Cyclist (Did not mention it to the embassy. Also they did not ask)
5 days transit visa
IN: Dashoguz, 9 NOV
OUT: Ashgabat, 13 NOV
Conclusion: Gave up after 15 days waiting

Wrong information I had at the beginning: Turkmen independence day is 27th October. Not in September. https://www.officeholidays.com has wrong information.

Documents: picture, passport, color copy of passport, color copy of iranian visa. (My passport is visa free for Uzbekistan)
I did color copy around this coordinate. 38.567735, 68.798324

Details:
11 OCT: I arrived embassy at 09:40. 7 people was waiting. Went inside the embassy around 11:00. You have to fill two papers. One document and one letter. The letter is basically empty A4 paper and you have to hand write a letter. The example is on the wall so just write it down. Embassy told me to come back on 19 OCT. I needed some rest after Pamirs. I thought it was good length of time to get rest so I decided to get the visa in Dushanbe.
I figured out that Independence day is 27 OCT, but I was not worried because it was before the day.

19 OCT: (From here, many WTFs but I am not writing all) I arrived embassy at 09:30. Nobody was waiting. But embassy told me it is not ready. They told me to come back on 22 OCT.

22 OCT: Still not ready. This time there was another guy. He wondered why I came this early. He told me to come on 25th.
My friend advised me to change the issuing place to Tashkent or to get it at the border. But I could not trust the way they work and I thought it will bring more chaos. So I didn’t.

25 OCT: I arrived at 09:40. 6 people waiting. We waited until noon. Embassy did not open.

26 OCT: Embassy closed. The guards said they all left yesterday to Turkmenistan and reopens on 01 NOV.

27 OCT: I left Dushanbe.

I could wait until 1 NOV but it was another ‘maybe’. I applied entrance date as 9 NOV so it was not enough time to cycle or travel Uzbekistan anyway. The embassy is just waiting for the letter from their country so maybe it is not their fault. But it seems they do not even know when they close embassy. Maybe their chain of command works as typical dictatorship country so they do not share informations to the bottom line. Or maybe he just forgot. I don’t know. Well, I had a good rest. But if they told me to come back on 25th from the beginning, I could go to a small trip to fann mountains, not sitting and wandering around Dushanbe... Now I am heading to Caspian sea to take a ferry.
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:13 am

Cyclist Bang wrote:
Wrong information I had at the beginning: Turkmen independence day is 27th October. Not in September. https://www.officeholidays.com has wrong information.

Just tooting my own horn a bit: Caravanistan had the right information: https://caravanistan.com/festivals-events/turkmenistan/

It changed this year.
0 x
I read the forum every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

DiedeO

Postby DiedeO » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:41 pm

Hey everybody,

I'm glad to tell you that everything went according to plan for us. We applied 18 oktober in Dushanbe with the right documents mentioned on this forum. We asked if it was possible to pick it up in Tashkent and he said yes. We waited ten working days before sending a email to [email protected] to ask if we got accepted and got a positive respons the same day. Today we picked up the visa in Thaskent. You need a COLOUR copy of your pasport and 1 foto for application (size 3*4) to pick it up. We arrived around 11am, got a document to fill out (weirdly its another application form), and after 10 minutes got the visa in our passport. NO lines, no leaving the passport and picking it up after 4... We heard of another couple (asked in Bishkek) and a family (asked in Dushanbe) that they got it the same way.

I don't know if it's because we are traveling off season or maybe we all got lucky. But hopefully the lottery got easier!

I hope this message will give good hope to the people that still has to apply.

ps: asked for 5 day transit form nukus to asjchabad and got exactly that.
1 x