Iran itinerary: how strict?

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Sanglan

Iran itinerary: how strict?

Post by Sanglan »

Hi!
We're cycling across Eurasia and want to cross Iran from Turkey in June. We know Turkmenistan will likely be closed, but we'll give it a go and then probably train back from Mashad and then go to Armenia.

We filled in the contract form in Caravanstan to get the visa support. They ask for a itinerary with places and hotels. I have 'made something up' before, since there is no way to plan so we'll in advance when you're cycling, but the email clearly stated several times that we should contact them when we divert from our itinerary.

So: somehow plan the whole thing? Or just make up a simple trip and then do as we want once we're in?

Thanks for the help.
0 x

isma_t

Re: Iran itinerary: how strict?

Post by isma_t »

Key2Persia told me it should be 3, 4 or 5 star hotels, I don't remember exactly. they insisted we send them confirmation of first hotel night (which we did), but apart from that nobody questioned our made up itinerary and hotel names. Once inside Iran you are free to do as you please,and the authorities never bother you.. just write anything in the application.
That's my recent experience but it's up to you :) enjoy!
0 x

gabisk

Post by gabisk »

I just put: in my tent. You could put a hotel in Alaska that it'll be there and I spent 4 months. I was with bicycle
0 x

mirrorworld

Post by mirrorworld »

Hey, I just sent Key2Persia an Email where i asked about the Travel Itinerary. I really made an misstake here, because i told them that i dont have Hotels booked yet, but that i plan to Enter at Bazargan Border, visit a few cities and exit via Mirjaveh/Taftan Border. They haven't replied yet. But i heard that this (especially stating that you wanna go to balochistan) is a rejection reason. Is that true? Is Key2Persia well connected to the government and will they pass over this information now or do you think i might have a chance to use another agency and don't tell them that i want to exit via Mirjaveh?
0 x