Apply for Turkmen Transit Visa in Yerevan(& pick up in Baku)

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
likespinninplates

Apply for Turkmen Transit Visa in Yerevan(& pick up in Baku)

Postby likespinninplates » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:15 pm

Hallo all.

I am hoping to transit through Turkmenistan in late September to Uzbekistan from Azerbaijan. I presently live in Minsk, Belarus, and will be in Kiev for a few days (mid July) before flying to Batumi, Georgia (where I hope to pick up my Azerbaijan visa).

As far as I know, one can no longer apply for a Turkmen transit visa in Baku, and the Turkmen embassy in Georgia will be opened "sometime soon". However, there is an embassy in Yerevan. Seeing as Armenia and Azerbaijan clearly aren't the best of friends, is it possible to apply in Yerevan and subsequently pick up in Baku? Anyone know how long the full process is in Yerevan? Finally, even if one acquires the transit visa from Yerevan, there could clearly be problems at the port in Azerbaijan yeah? There isn't much online info about this embassy at all.

I am traveling on a EU passport.

I want to leave Iran for another trip, likewise fully exploring Turkey, thus Istanbul/Ankara or Tehran/Mashad drop-off/pickup aren't options. There are both Uzbek and Turkmen embassies in both Minsk and Kiev, so maybe I would be best to apply to each in either of these, but as the desired dates aren't for another three months, maybe it is too far in advance? In this case, I would also presumably need an Azeri visa before applying for the Turkmen visa...

As this is my first post, I would like to thank Steven for administrating such an invaluable website, and for all those who continually contribute advice and embassy updates.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Apply for Turkmen Transit Visa in Yerevan(& pick up in B

Postby steven » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:38 am

Hi likespinninplates!

Sorry for the very late answer, hope it is still of any use. The animosity between Yerevan and Baku does not extend to visa applications, so your fine there. The Baku consul not showing up in June is a bigger issue, but you could bet it will not be like that when you are around. How about applying in Yerevan and picking up in Yerevan? 3 weeks is a possibility, I don't know, but Armenia has lots to offer so you can spend some time there, I think.

Thanks for the compliment!
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

likespinninplates

Re: Apply for Turkmen Transit Visa in Yerevan(& pick up in B

Postby likespinninplates » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:16 pm

Thanks for the reply Steven. I had in fact considered that pickup in Yerevan might be the safest option, and thus have allocated three weeks for Armenia, or more if necessary. I will be applying in late August and will post an embassy update of my experiences.
0 x