Turkmenistan Transit Visit---Kazakhstan to Uzbekistan

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
savannahgator

Turkmenistan Transit Visit---Kazakhstan to Uzbekistan

Post by savannahgator »

Hello,
I wanted to know if it was possible to get a Turkmenistan transit visa to travel from Western Kazakhstan through Turkmenistan and exit to Uzbekistan (Bukhara). I'm a US citizen, so transiting to Iran isn't really much of an option for me---and this is really the only way I can think of to transit through Turkmenistan (as I don't want to go to Baku--which would require yet another EXPENSIVE visa.)

Does anyone have experience with this route? If so, is it possible to get this visa? I'm banking on the visa-free regime to continue in Kazakhstan, and I'm getting my Uzbek visa here in the States. I'd like to get the Turkmen transit visa here in the States. (I'll plan my trip around the dates set forth on the transit visa.)

Thanks in advance for the help/advice!
0 x

WorldWideWebster

Re: Turkmenistan Transit Visit---Kazakhstan to Uzbekistan

Post by WorldWideWebster »

I am not sure, but I am also a US citizen planning same route (except reverse). Will be applying for visas enroute (Almaty or Dushanbe). Don't forget to remind them for the Turkmenistan visa you don't need a visa for that country, and get the Uzbekistan one first.

I've read reports of both the Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan visas being denied in the states (I didn't even bother applying there since none of my emails or phone calls were ever returned). Probably a lot easier to get on the road if that's relevant for you.

If by chance you want to do Uzbekistan-Turkmenistan-Kazakhstan in early September, send a PM!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Should be possible, there have been others who did not need visas for Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan or Iran and who got the transit visa.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

savannahgator

Post by savannahgator »

WorldWideWebster---just got the Uzbek visa in the States---it was a total breeze---and my visa was back to me THE DAY AFTER IT WAS RECEIVED AT THE EMBASSY! I'm in total shock. I posted a detailed update.
0 x