Embassy report: Turkmen visa in Berlin

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Turkmenistan transit visa in Berlin (or Vienna)

Post by steven »

Please read and post reports on the Turkmen embassy in Berlin below.

We summarize all info in the embassy reports of the Turkmen visa page.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

bqqb

Embassy report: Turkmen visa in Berlin

Post by bqqb »

I couldn't find any reports on Turkmen transit visa application in Berlin (or Vienna). Therefore I have a few questions regarding Berlin - if you have similiar info about Vienna, I will appreciate it, too.

1. What documents are needed? - I have heard different embassies set different rules
2. Can you email the documents and go to Berlin with your passport only to pickup the visa when ready?
3. Does the consul speak English/Russian?

I will be sincerely greatful for any response.
0 x

bqqb

Post by bqqb »

Self-update:
- I called and emailed Berlin and was surprised to having received an immediate response:
1. The documents needed are the same as for other embassies (letter to the consul, passport, visa forms, 2 photos, copies of visas of two surrounding countries, confirmation of payment). Note that the forms are distinct for the Berlin embassy. You can send all those by post including two envelopes with EUR 3,60 German stamps, so they can send the documents back. The process of issuing takes up to 15 working days for standard (35 EUR) and up to 5 days for express (55 EUR).
2. It seems that you can't, but you can post it all and not go to Berlin.
3. He does speek German and Russian, no English though.
0 x

bqqb

Post by bqqb »

One more update (embassy report).

I actually went to Berlin to speed up the process. They let me leave an envelope + stamps (EUR 8 for international priority post). A week later (I was on the 55 EUR express) I was told on the phone that the passports were sent. Two weeks later, the passports arrived with the visas.

As I presumed earlier, no English was spoken (Russian/German). However, people who worked at the embassy were really friendly and responsive and there was no problem reaching them on the phone. That said, be both prudent and polite.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Great! Don't forget to let us know how it was in Turkmenistan, we get so little info sometimes.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Provodnik
Trains expert
Trains expert

Post by Provodnik »

I plan to travel through Turkemistan later that year. Due to a tight schedule, I plan to get all my visas here in Vienna before I leave.
Has anyone experience with transit visas from the Turkmen embassy in Vienna? For how many days the can ge given?
@bqqp: How many days of validity did you get in Berlin?
0 x

bqqb

Post by bqqb »

I doubt it helps right now, but we got the usual 5 days
0 x

TimC

Post by TimC »

Hi everybody!
Has anyone applied for a Turkmen transit visa in Berlin or Frankfurt recently (Is it possibile to apply for a transit visa at the Frankurt Consulate??)? I plan to do Turkmenbashi - Ashgabat - Dashoguz, reasonable?
Thanks for your help :-)
Tim
0 x

mars

Post by mars »

Tried to contact the Turkmen Embassy in Berlin by e-mail, but got no reply. You can contact them by phone, though, and they speak German. Applied for a 5-day transit visa (Konye-Urgench to Sarakhs) on 29.06.2016. Sent in the following:

(1) letter to the ambassador (stating intended date and point of entry/departure)
(2) passport
(3) visa form ("Visaformular")
(4) additional form for transit visa ("Formular fur Visa" – fill in your data, not your employer's, location of planned visit should be "Transit")
(5) 2 photos
(6) color copies of the first 2 pages of my passport
(7) color copies of the Uzbek and Iranian visas
(8) proof of payment
(9) stamped envelope with my own address (3,60 Euros)

Got a 5-day transit visa (Dashoguz to Sarakhs) on 23.07.2016

Hope that helps!
1 x

Petjorin

Post by Petjorin »

I applied for a transit visa by mail from Sweden. I sent the application (with the same documents and itinerary as "Mars" above) on November 9 and got my passport back with a short refusal note on December 8. I payed for standard processing time and I have a Swedish passport.

I called both the Berlin (in Russian) and London (in English) embassies before applying and must say that the London staff felt much more welcoming. Practical problems with arranging a return envelope made me opt for Berlin against my gut feeling.

The German postal service (Deutsche Post) is great if you want your passport/visa sent to another countries. You can prepare your own return envelope online:
https://www.efiliale.de/efiliale/intern ... 0#!/config

Just fill out the form, pay by credit card, print and attach it to the envelop. Tick the "Einschreiben International" box for registered mail.

The British Royal Mail have a similar online service but the letter must be sent within a day, making it useless for dealing with embassies.
2 x