Uzbekistan Embassy in Almaty report

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
leaveyanalone

Re: Uzbekistan Embassy in Almaty report

Postby leaveyanalone » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:17 am

hi Michael,
i am wondering if you are required to join any tour (by the travel agency) for the visa application of Turkmenistan so the process can be so easy?
Yan
0 x

nomadic-e

Postby nomadic-e » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:24 am

US passport, no LOI - March 2017

Hi everyone, just wanted to share my experience. I went to the Uzbekistan embassy in Almaty last week, Thursday. I had no LOI and a US passport. I brought two copies of the following: Uzbekistan visa application, passport information page, Kazakh entry stamp and migration card and passport photos. I was told to return in one week, no specific day. I went back exactly a week later, Thursday, and got my visa, 30 day, single entry for $160. Pretty straight forward. Just a lot of pushing and shoving by the Uzbeks. I entered the embassy at about 15:15 and left with my visa by 16:30.

I paid for the visa in US dollars and had to about 2,000KZT more because I had to pay in tenge at the end. Another guy I was with paid his visa all in tenge. He was supposed to pay $80 (embassy receipt said this) but somehow that translated to 30,000KZT ($95 USD).

Update: opening times for the Uzbekistan embassy in Almaty, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 15:00-17:30.
1 x

leaveyanalone

getting the Uzebekistan Visa in Almaty

Postby leaveyanalone » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:46 am

hi Steven,

i already got the LOI of Uzebekistan, as the collecting point is ALmaty, i check out their embassy info and discover there is a listed item require for visa submission: Passport photocopy. (ALL pages including blank).
i dont know if that's just funny or what or true? all pages including the blank? should i prepare those at home? so i dont need to queue for the copying machine in the embassy?
i read the info from the site below. hope you can clear the cloud on my head
http://www.uzbekembassy.org/e/visas_for_tourists/

Yan
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:23 am

The 30 posts above make no mention of it so I think it is not necessary.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

estmagal

Postby estmagal » Thu May 11, 2017 4:08 pm

Hi!

I would like to share a convinient way to get a uzbek visa whitout LOI and whitout waiting one week in Almaty. It is possible to apply in Almaty and collect the visa in Bishkek.

I applied for a 30-days visa without a LOI (Swiss citizen) in Almaty on 28.04 (I kept my passeport and gave a copy in stead) and I picked it up yesterday (10.05) in Bishkek. When you go to collect the visa, you have to give again the application form, a picture, a copy of the passeport and your passeport. Then you have to go to the bank following the usual procedure.

Ps. Try to go as early as possible at the embrassy in Bishkek (opens at 10:00), because you might have to wait a long time at the bank (I waited more than 1,5 hour) and you have to handle in the confirmation of the paiement before 13:00 at the embassy.
1 x

ASpeed

Postby ASpeed » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:51 pm

Travelling on Australian passports, we got LOIs via StanTours, turned up at Uzbek consulate in Almaty at 4pm today, handed our passports, LOI, 1 photograph, forgot to bring a copy of our passport, the guy kindly made a copy for us. 30' later, we got a piece of paper with the cost of the visa and the bank name to pay. We returned at 5pm with the bank receipt. We were told to return 1 hour later. At 6.10pm today, we walked away with our Uzbek visas in our passports. Easy, pleasant, helpful and super efficient. 2 hours to get a visa!

When you arrive, tell the guard that you are applying for a visa. He will let you through a gate on the left of the white counter that says "window 3". Walk down the path, then on the right go into a small courtyard and up steps on the left. Go to the open door on the left (not the counter on the right) to hand your passport and documents. Wait in the courtyard until you are given the small white piece of paper then go to the Centre Credit bank to pay. (Go down to Gogolyan str, turn left, it is 2 blocks down on the right, before you get to a huge flash supermarket).

Hope this helpful!
0 x

Ewcyna

Postby Ewcyna » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:26 am

hello everyone, just to clarify.. do you pay for visa in tenge or USD..?
0 x

Xavier

Postby Xavier » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:07 am

Hello all,

I'm French and travelling for one year.

No issues for Uzbek visa in Almaty, two guys helped me and were very nice.

I confirm everything said by ASpeed, still valid and it took me also around 2 hours to get the visa.

Note that i applied on the road, on 17th of November in Novossibirsk, Russia. In Russia, i gave them copy of my passport (black and white), 2 pictures, and the paper from the Uzbek website that is required (filled in English). The guy said to me I would have the answer if accepted or not one week after.
He did not call me, so when I arrived in Almaty on 24th of November, I went to the Uzbek embassy.

They just asked for a copy of the paper required for the visa (I had difficulties to find a printer...) & my passport, and made me paid 75 USD ( to pay at credit center Bank, which is 5 min by walk).

At the bank, they asked for cash 25125 + 250 commission for the bank = 25375 tengue. There is an atm in the bank. So to answer to Ewcyna, i paid in Tengue, not USD.

Hope this will help :)
1 x

edgarbilliet

Postby edgarbilliet » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:07 pm

Same thing als above. Applied in Moscow in November for me and a friend. Got the visas yesterday, after a relatively smooth process. Visa section is only open from 15h to 18h or something. Don't forget to bring the double of your application document, your telex number (see application status website) and a pass photo. The Uzbeks in the embassy seemed to know we were there for different reasons than they were and let us go first.

65$ payed in cash (tenge) and a 250 tenge commission for a 15 day visa (Belgian passport)
2 x

Valikhanov

Postby Valikhanov » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:44 pm

Two German passports, currently both living on a working visa in Almaty.
We applied in late January on a monday, visa-department opens at 3pm. Handing in the application form was pretty smooth, since they let foreigners in without having to queue up. We were told to come back one week later. However, after one week, the visas were not ready, so they told us to visit again after two days.
Since we didn't have time on that day, we just came back another week later (again on monday). On that day, only one of the two visas was ready and the other was supposed to come in the following day. So I headed there for a fourth time and finally got my visa.
Payment like mentioned above.

All in all not complicated but a bit tedious. If you are travelling and don't have the time to go there three or four times, you might wanna consider another embassy.
Other than that, staff was friendly and there were no further problems.

One more thing: You don`t have to actually book a hostel in advance; just give in the adress on the application form. I haven't booked and either they didn't check or they don't really care.
2 x