iranianvisa.com trouble?

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
AUM

iranianvisa.com trouble?

Postby AUM » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:38 pm

Hello,
has anyone ever experienced trouble in receiving their visa application code from this operator?
I applied and paid for the number on june 23rd, and haven't received a number yet, and even more troubling no response to my emails, asking them if they received my payment and asking for the opening hours of the iranian embassy in islamabad.
any opinions?
0 x

Tah

Re: iranianvisa.com trouble?

Postby Tah » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:56 am

Hi,

About 2 years ago I experienced significant problems with this company - many earnest emails from me eventually turned to threats from them saying I would be detained if I ever arrived in Iran etc., while all I was trying to do was get my visa authorisation code from them, which they never sent me. Frustrated, I decided to use touranzamin.com, an excellent company who sorted my visa out quickly and easily. Later I read other stories online of others who had had similar experiences.

After loving Iran I'm returning again in a few months, and touranzamin was able to get me a visa authorisation in just 3 days (without me paying any extra fees for 'express service' or anything) for pick up in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. So my recommendation would be to just go with touranzamin, even if you have sent iranvisa a fee already... I think iranvisa are likely to be scam artists, although there are a couple of reports of them eventually delivering their promised service...
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Postby bwv812 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:00 pm

My perception is that all agencies will have visas rejected from time to time, and most of them are successful. But it's also my perception that many agencies will fail badly when problems arise, often cutting off communication like this or even doing worse (I've heard of some agencies that have told people they were approved and who have given people false confirmation numbers that actually belong to other travelers, only for them to discover the issue when they go to the embassy to pick up their visas).

So, unfortunately I would assume that you have been rejected for some reason. I would try writing them another email saying that you will understand if you have been rejected (getting angry isn't likely to help if they really are freezing you out), but that you would just like to know so that you can make other arrangements if that is the case. Yes, you shouldn't have to do this, but it may be the best way to get some certainty.
0 x
My 2012 overland trip from Tokyo to Istanbul: https://silkroadwanderings.blogspot.com

heika

Postby heika » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:44 am

iranianvisa.com is famous for its incometence and unpolite emails.
the non-answering to your emails is not because you are rejected. I am sure.
I asked "key2persia" for a referencenumber twice. they do their job very well. you must not mention that you are travelling by bike or private car or motorbike. Just say public transport.
good luck.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:17 am

Yes, it is too bad they score so high in Google, they are famously bad.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

moffy

Postby moffy » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:02 pm

Yea i also had problems with those guys in april. Limited replys to emails and the chosen consulate had not recieved any number for me. I get a reply straight away though when I said I will be giveing my feedback on our favourit travel forum. I dont know why I didnt use caravanistans link, should have.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:20 pm

You should have! Gotta work on our marketing, clearly :-)
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D