Embassy report: Indian embassy in Mongolia

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
WorldWideWebster

Embassy report: Indian embassy in Mongolia

Postby WorldWideWebster » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:40 am

Please remove if not relevant, since neither country is technically a "Stan".

I have a week and a half left in Mongolia before heading to Central Asia proper. I noticed there was an Indian embassy so decided to try to apply for the visa I want there to get it out of the way. I am a US citizen eligible for 10 yr multi-entry. I would need a transit visa to pass through to Nepal in September, and then a visit proper starting in November.

The agent was very nice, but said it was much too early to apply. However, he assured me i should be able to get the 10 yr multi-entry in any of the Central Asian Indian embassies (Ashgabat, Astana, Bishkek, Dushanbe, Tashkent). This is different than I have read (in general it's hard to get multi-entry when applying outside the US) but nevertheless he said there shouldn't be a problem.

He said to apply in August, so I will probably apply in Dushanbe unless I read about any problems with that embassy. He didn't tell me how long it takes either in Mongolia or other countries.

Hope this helps someone with visa planning.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Embassy report: Indian embassy in Mongolia

Postby steven » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:16 am

India is not part of Caravanistan's plan for world domination, but thanks anyway, useful stuff!
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

WorldWideWebster

Re: Embassy report: Indian embassy in Mongolia

Postby WorldWideWebster » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:59 am

As an aside, I have since heard back from the embassy in Bishkek and they contradicted what guy in UB told me, only 3 month maximum visas are available in Central Asia. So get elsewhere.
0 x