Iran Visa in Bangkok, Thailand

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Iran Visa in Bangkok, Thailand

Post by steven »

Please leave your reports and questions on the Bangkok embassy of Iran below.

We summarize at https://caravanistan.com/visa/iran/
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Mariusz S

Iran Visa in Bangkok, Thailand

Post by Mariusz S »

Hi!

I am Polish citizen with Polish passport. I would like to enter Iran by ferry from UAE (Sharjah) to Bander Abbas. Before that I will be for 3 working days in Bangkok, Thailand. Is it enough for Iranian Embassy in Bangkok to issue a visa in such a short time? Do woman have to have their head covered with scarf?

Anyone had an experience with that embassy?

Best regards!
1 x

Mariusz S

Re: Iran Visa in Bangkok, Thailand

Post by Mariusz S »

Hi!

Just to keep you updated: we filed for a Visa on Thursday early in the morning, today at 4pm. (Friday) got information it is ready to be picked up on Monday - 3 working days.

Staff was super helpful told us how to fill the papers ("visa application form") that are unique for this embassy (we did not have to provide it in Baku year ago). They provide computer and a printer for that peruse and i guess that if there were more people there would be long queue as documents were quite long. We had one problem as in Grand Notice, that we got through travel agent, I wrote maritil status "single" even thou we are married. Staff at the Embassy told us not to worry about, and in the visa application form we should write that we are married.

Only real problem was payment - as polish citizens we should pay 50Euro each, but we were told we should pay 1900 Baht each (~55Euro). We told that it should be less, but they just repeated that 1900Baht is the price. We gaved up after few tries.
Also payment is to be done in one specific bank that is 2km away, we did not have thai Bahts with us, so we had to withdraw it at super bad conversion at the bank.

Woman did not have to have a picture in hijab for the visa purpose, but they have to were it in the Embassy (you can borrow them at the entrance).

Lets hope picking up the passport will be also without problems.

PS there was free coffee/tea/water in Embassy.
1 x