Turkmenistan Transit visa- Uzbekistan-Turkmenistan-Dubai

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
OliverH

Turkmenistan Transit visa- Uzbekistan-Turkmenistan-Dubai

Post by OliverH »

I hope to apply for a transit visa, coming from Uzbekistan and the flying out of Ashgabat to Dubai. It seemed straight forward enough but a fellow traveller has raised the question as to what extent the visit to Turkmenistan will be deemed necessary by the Embassy and therefore whether the visa would be approved i.e. I do not need to 'transit' Turkmenistan, I could simply fly from Uzbekistan.

Furthermore, already working to a tight schedule do you know what effect the end of Ramadan i.e. Eid, will have on visa processing times?

Many thanks
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Turkmenistan Transit visa- Uzbekistan-Turkmenistan-Dubai

Post by steven »

1. I think this is the case for 90% of transit visas - nobody NEEDS to visit Turkmenistan except for self-drivers, and even they are just tourists. So I don't expect any issues here. Don't know if they take a holiday with Eid, or how many days that might be.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

AndrewRogerson

Post by AndrewRogerson »

Just to ask a question along similar lines, I know to get the Turkmenistan visa, you need the visa of the country already in your Passport of the country you're leaving to, but do you also need the visa of the country you're entering from?

I'm going Uzbek - Turkmenistan - Iran, and I was going to apply for the visa after I got my Iran one, but before the Uzbek.
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Post by bwv812 »

AndrewRogerson wrote: I'm going Uzbek - Turkmenistan - Iran, and I was going to apply for the visa after I got my Iran one, but before the Uzbek.
I had the same routing, and they only checked for my Iranian visa. I applied in Dushanbe, but I imagine it's the same everywhere, since they obviously shouldn't care if you are never able to enter Turkmenistan and use your Turkmen visa.
0 x