Uzbekistan Embassy Report: Washington D.C.

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Uzbekistan Embassy Report: Washington D.C.

Post by steven »

Please read and post reports on the Uzbek embassy in Washington D.C. below.

We summarize all info in the embassy reports of the Uzbek visa page.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

savannahgator

Uzbekistan Embassy Report: Washington D.C.

Post by savannahgator »

I just received my visa to Uzbekistan from the Washington DC consulate. I sent my application by mail from my home in Florida. The package arrived at the consulate in Washington yesterday. Much to my surprise, my passport, with the visa, arrived back at my home in Florida before noon TODAY. I was floored. Washington is 1600 kilometers from where I live, and the package didn't arrive until noon yesterday in Washington. The consulate must have received it, processed my application, and mailed it out the SAME day. This is incredible service for any for-profit company---much less an consulate!

I did not request expedited service...I was expecting to receive the visa in about two weeks.
I did have an LOI just to be safe...thanks to Caravanistan for helping with that! The price of the LOI is worth the cost in my eyes.

Anyone who is planning on visiting Uzbekistan and is in the States---get your visa here if possible! It is so much easier than getting it on the road.

Happy Travels---
William
0 x

fyodorova

Post by fyodorova »

I can report that the process of getting our Uzbekistan visas from the New York consulate was quick and painless, although not as fast as your experience! We didn't have an LOI, and we received our visas in less than two weeks from mailing our documents. The embassy site lists a turnaround time of two weeks, so it was a nice surprise to get them a few days earlier than expected.

Another nice thing about this consulate is that they let us specify an entry date 4 months in the future. In other words, there doesn't seem to be a short window in which you must use your visa once it's issued, unlike some countries where you have to enter within 90 days from when the visa is issued.
0 x

ejcraft

Post by ejcraft »

I see nothing much has been reported about the Uzbek embassy in Washington, D.C. in almost three years, so here is a detailed account of my recent experience applying for a tourism visa that I hope you will find helpful.

I am a U.S. citizen from Arizona but now living in Canada with a Canadian permanent address, so I sent my visa application from Toronto with Fedex.

On Wednesday, Jan. 17, I sent the Uzbek embassy a package containing: a completed visa application that’s available to fill in electronically and print from their website, two 45cm x 35cm passport photos (only one is required, but I had a spare and threw it in anyway), an international money order for $160 USD payable to the Embassy of Uzbekistan, a color copy of every page in my passport with personal information or stamps (not the blank pages), my physical passport, and a prepaid return envelope. I did not have an LOI.

In addition, I applied in January for a visa that starts in July and it was granted (21 days, single entry is what I asked for specifically). I was advised in an e-mail that, “You can apply now we will issue visa for July or any period of this year.” I’ve heard online that you cannot apply more than 90 days before you travel; this seems untrue as the above post also says. This rule may have been done away with.

When filling out my visa application, I put the Radisson Blu in Tashkent for “Address in Uzbekistan.” I’m not staying there, but they don’t seem to check that. For not applicable sections, I wrote “None” and where it asked for my inviting party, I put “Not required.”

I checked my visa status at (http://evisa.mfa.uz/evisa_en/) by entering my passport number, seems to work well and be up to date. According to my Fedex tracking number, my package was signed for on the morning of Thursday, Jan. 18. The visa seems to have been issued from Washington with a Telex number on Wednesday, Jan. 24 (4-5 business days processing time). My passport was put in the mail about a week after the visa was issued and was back in my hands today (Wednesday, Jan. 31). Total processing time from drop off at Fedex to pick up: 10 business days, as advertised. I didn’t pay for expedited processing.

I routinely tried to contact both the embassy in Washington and the consulate in New York, and have found that only one email and one phone number work if you actually want an answer about anything: [email protected] and (202) 887-5300 ext. 1. For detailed information if applying in Washington, check out: (https://www.uzbekistan.org/consular/).

Good luck!
Ethan
1 x

yix14xubeast

Post by yix14xubeast »

I applied for a tourist visa in person at the Washington DC embassy earlier this month. (Without LOI) There's no wait to accept the application and I was told to collect my passport in 3 business days. Went to the embassy on the indicated date and waited around for about 20 minutes at the door until an embassy staff came out and informed the crowd that due to an official engagement, the consul will be operating later in the day. I retuned later (after the usual business hour for visa application) and there were a few people in the waiting room. Took about 2 minutes to get my passport back.
2 x

will_d

Post by will_d »

On the website they don’t seem to have the details of how to pay the international bank transfer ? Can I missing somthing ?

I need the following .

account name and home address, account number or International Bank Account Number (IBAN) and the SWIFT or Bank Identification Code (BIC) of their bank
0 x

ejcraft

Post by ejcraft »

There is no computerized bank transfer necessary when ordering this visa. Your bank should simply make a money order for the described amount, similar to a cheque, payable to the Embassy of Uzbekistan, which a staff member will cash in person. There are some Canadian examples here: https://www.uzbekconsulny.org/consulate/images/mo.jpg
1 x

Carafa

Post by Carafa »

I'm a Canadian and applied for my visa in Washington ( sent by fed ex).

I sent it on July 11th. I could see it arrived in Washington on the 12th. When I put in my passport number in the evisa section, I could see that it had been processed that day. However, it did not get sent from the embassy until the morning of the 20th and it arrived on the evening of the 20th.
1 x