Chinese Visa from Delhi

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
raus reisen

Chinese Visa from Delhi

Post by raus reisen »

Hello everyone!
We are traveling from Thailand to Germany overland, at least we're trying to. At the moment we are in India.
In a fourth attempt, it seems like we will finally successful apply for our Pakistan visa (evisa). So we went to the Chinese visa centre in Delhi, to apply for the Chinese visa.

There we were told, that they no longer accept applications from other than Indian passport holders (he said they changed it about 3 months ago :?).
Our friendly host called the next day because he couldn't believe, and there he was told that they get new rules every morning, so maybe tomorrow they can accept our application, but he doesn't know..?!

So, my questions:
1. has anyone (successfully) applied for a Chinese visa in Delhi recently?

2. Or has anyone (successfully) applied for a Chinese visa from Pakistan? Apparently there is a Chinese embassy in Islamabad and they accept Visa applications from "gerrys visa center". They haven't answered my emails so far...

Every kind of help is very much appreciated!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Chinese Visa from Delhi

Post by steven »

Here another recent report from Delhi:

I went to enquire with VFS China Visa Application Centre in Delhi.
They gave me the list of requirements for getting an L visa (see attachment p.1).
The Indian VFS information officer said that there's little chance to get it for a foreigner who does not have a long term work or student visa for India...
So I did not even try to apply.

For Pakistan, I would like to repeat what it says in red letters just above your post:

Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/pakistan/

You will find reports there for Lahore, KArachi and Islamabad.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

raus reisen

Post by raus reisen »

Thank you for the information Steven.

I'm sorry - it's the first time I put a question in the forum and I was using the search function before and could not find anything for Delhi and Islamabad...I'll check better next time
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

No worries, I need to make that more clear. Always best to check the actual travel guide before the forum. The forum is just travelers writing things. Useful, couldn't go without, but it's just data.

The travel guide is actually information. It's about 10 000 hours of research, editing and writing in the past 10 years to make sure that you get something that you can actually use.

So always read that first.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D