Russian Visa in Australia (EU citizen)

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Tygro

Russian Visa in Australia (EU citizen)

Post by Tygro »

Hi there,

I am Luca, an Italian traveller with Italian passport currently in Australia... and I'm writing here to ask some information and suggestions about how to get a Russian visa.

I would like to go to Russia next Spring and get a multi entrance business visa, valid (at least) for one year.
I had already got this visa few times in the previous years, but I always in Latvia.

Now I'd like to apply for the visa in Australia because I travel ONLY OVERLAND and for me would be kind of really complicated, coming back to Europe through Asia just to get a new Russian visa and then coming back to Asia.

The problem is that I'm not sure if I have the right to apply in any Russian Australian Consulate... What I have seen in their website is a bit confusing and I got the idea they don't want to give clear information on purpose. They want a proof of residence in Australia for more than 90 days as a pre-requirement to apply any visa.

Actually I'm in Australia with Working Holiday visa 417, which allows me to stay and work for 12 months.
I arrived in Australia last February, but I don't have any stamp in my passport, because Australian immigration police doesn't stamp the foreign passports.
Even Working Holiday visa is quite tricky, since it's actually an electronic one. It's valid 12 months after the date of issue, but then it gives 12 months of staying in Australia starting from the effective arrival day in Australia. Anyway, all this information are in the police database, but I don't know how to show them to the Russian Embassy.
Again is the Working Holiday visa 417 counting as a proof of residence in Australia for the Russians?

Again, maybe even if I have the rights to the consular services, maybe I can get only a tourist visa...

Do you have any idea of what I should do or any report from foreign citizens in Australia trying to get a Russian visa?
Do you think I should contact them?

To be honest, I'm just afraid of vague and evasive answers, or even to get blocked on the black list...

Thank you very much for reading though,
Best regards,

Luca
0 x

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Re: Russian Visa in Australia (EU citizen)

Post by Milad »

Your Australian visa (as it's electronic, a print-out of the visa/a visa confirmation) should suffice to be able to get at least a tourist visa. Apart from that, you'll probably need an agency anyway to get the business visa, assuming you do not have a legit business invitation, which can sort out the rest for you anyway. Never heard of anyone getting a business visa without an agency. There are plenty of Russian visa agencies in the world, I'm sure you can find a good one in Australia as well.
0 x

Tygro

Re: Russian Visa in Australia (EU citizen)

Post by Tygro »

Mmm...

Thank you for the answer.
I think the invitation letter is the smallest problem... while the chances of getting the visa rejected or a wrong visa actually worry me so much!
0 x