Transit Visa Kazakhstan in Bishkek

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
laurent_rio

Transit Visa Kazakhstan in Bishkek

Postby laurent_rio » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:32 am

Hi,

I read that to get transit visa Kazakhstan (my country in not on the visa free list), you need to show onward ticket from Kazakshstan. Is there any way to buy train ticket from Almaty to Urumqi so i can show it when i apply in Bishkek ?

Any advice or experience ?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Transit Visa Kazakhstan in Bishkek

Postby steven » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:09 am

Yes, I need to update this, but I read here viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1044&p=3156#p3156 that you can buy Kazakh train tickets on the Russian Railways website RzhD. Anyone with a CIS-country credit card can buy them for you too. I found Kazakh tour operators difficult to work with though, so I would ask someone in Bishkek in case the Russian railways thing does not work out.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

laurent_rio

Postby laurent_rio » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:20 am

Hi Steven,

Buying in RZD railways, you must collect it in Russia ('a ticket bought on the website of Russian Railways is available only in Russian box office in the territory of the Russian Federation.')

also mentioned here : https://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/ ... kazakhstan

Do you think if i mentioned i will take bus to Yining from Almaty will work for transit visa (dont think any option to but bus ticket far ahead and bus is definitely much more cheaper and easily available than train Almaty-Urumqi especially in summer )
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:35 am

Thank you for the info on RzhD, I did not check it out yet. Oh yes, bus is definitely better than train, you will have to wait for hours on the border. I don't know what they will say if you don't have the ticket yet.

If you need a train ticket, tell me your dates and I will buy it for you in return for a small donation.
0 x

laurent_rio

Postby laurent_rio » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:50 am

Thanks Steven,

How much is estimate price for cheapest ticket Almaty-Urumqi ? how to collect it if you help me to buy ? is e-ticket possible ?

Thanks,

Rio
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:01 am

-->https://caravanistan.com/transport/train/kazakhstan
0 x