Chinese transit visa from embassy in Pakistan?

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
raus reisen

Chinese transit visa from embassy in Pakistan?

Post by raus reisen »

We want to travel from Pakistan to Tajikistan or Kyrgyzstan. We are traveling from Thailand to Germany on the land route since November, so applying from our home country was not really an option.
Seems like it's not possible to get a tourist visa in Pakistan as long you are not a resident or have a working visa. Same for Delhi.
Searching for other options, I found a flight going from Islamabad to Almaty, with transit in Urumqi. Now the following idea came up in my mind:
Is it possible to get a transit visa for China from the embassy in Islamabad, for the transit in Urumqi (where the free transit rule only gives 2 hours)?
And if so, can we, with that transit visa, take the land border in sost instead of taking the flight? And cancel the flight..
I'd be happy if some of you shared their thoughts on that idea!
0 x