Report: Visas in Ashgabat

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
mairi
Supporter
Supporter

Report: Visas in Ashgabat

Postby mairi » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:54 am

After spending almost a week crossing the Caspian from Baku to Turkmenbashi we found ourselves in Ashgabat with a couple of visas to sort.

I had read that Ashgabat was a difficult place to sort visas so was a bit worried, but we had quite the opposite experience so thought I should share!

Tajikistan - turned up at 1730 on a Friday with forms filled out and within half an hour had a new Tajik tourist visa. Very friendly and good English. Asked how much I had paid for the original visa in London and just charged me that!

Uzbekistan - arrived at 0900 and very busy outside Embassy, but were taken straight in. The nice man just wrote the new dates we wanted on our original visa, stamped it and didn't take any money! No problems at the border with the handwritten changes.

Hope this helps anyone in a similar situation to us!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Report: Visas in Ashgabat

Postby steven » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:05 am

Wow, so cool, we don't get a lot of those, seeing the time constrainst almost everyone faces in Ashgabat. Thank you for sharing. Also, I got word of your donation - thank you! - if you need anything else, just shoot me an e-mail, supporters get preferential treatment :-)
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

mairi
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Report: Visas in Ashgabat

Postby mairi » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:38 am

Thanks Steven :) We've found Caravanistan to be the best source of information out there so its definitely worth the price of at least one Lonely Planet!

Our blog is http://www.scottwebster.co.uk/exped/ove ... aineering/ - mainly lots of photos at the moment but we'll try to post more info as we go!
0 x