Registration Azerbaijan

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Registration Azerbaijan

Post by steven »

thank you, very useful!
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Bart-Jan

Post by Bart-Jan »

Just registered here.
The blue sign is gone however, in fact it was in a corner in the back of the office, and from the outside nothing marked it as the immigration office. You need the small office just left of the bakcell shop.
1 x

laurent_rio

Post by laurent_rio »

For stay how many days, you need to do registration in Azerbaijan ? is it 5 days like in Kaz ?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

0 x

weltentrotter.de

Post by weltentrotter.de »

Registration in Balaken.
The blue sign is there again above the door in three languages. They told us it is open from monday to friday, but we got the registration on sunday afternoon (with luck). Price 5 Manat/each.
1 x

robfir

Post by robfir »

On the visa application website of the Azerbaijani embassy in London: https://www.visaforazerbaijan.org.uk/registration.pdf
The last two lines of point 21.2 mention registering place of stay by email or on an Authority website.
Point 21.3 states that people can register themselves as described in point 21.2
This could be convenient, especially for tourists moving around Azerbaijan frequently (e.g. bike/car tourers). But does anyone have any idea how it might be done?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Hi robfir,

I wouldn't trust that personally. Registering when you enter is not that difficult, you only need to do it once. Everyone who wrote above is touring, camping, hitchhiking etc. so you just need the paper once and you should be fine.
0 x

elliotmayu

Post by elliotmayu »

We both got registered in Balakan, 5 manat each. Blue sign was outside the office. Closed between 13.00 / 14.00 for lunch. British/Japanese citizen. 23rd March 2017
0 x

fitfortyandretired

Post by fitfortyandretired »

1. Electronic registration - don't waste your time with electronic registration. I tried to register with three different addresses in Azerbaijan, but was declined every time.

2. Email registration - don't waste your time with emails. If you email migration services, make sure you have

a. Copy of passport photo page
b. Copy of Azerbaijan stamp on your passport
c. Filled out a form in Azerbaijan language (Make sure you don't enter it in the english form as immigration won't accept it)
d. Copy of your Azerbaijan visa

I was refused 5 times because I didn't send every info and the complete address. Don't rely on Booking.com address of your hostel. Mine was wrong, so I had to resubmit.

3. Registering at post office in Baku - On the 10th day, without approval of registration, I was worried. I didn't wan't to pay the 300 manat fine, so I ended up trying to register at the post office. In less than 5 minutes and 5 manat, I was registered. I was given a registration slip too.
3 x

dinozzaver

Post by dinozzaver »

Where was the post office you registered fitfortyandretired ?
I went to the main post office today and they told me I have to go to immigration office. They wrote me the address, but is written so badly that I can't read it :D
I'm staying with the friend anyways. Asked in the hotel nearby and they don't want to do it as I'm not their guest :)

BTW, regarding mobile phones.
Foreigner's phones work for 30 days after getting Azeri sim. In case you are coming back to Azerbaijan you should register it at the post office (5 manat) as they lock down the IMEI numbers after 30 days and your azeri sim won't connect.
0 x