Registration Azerbaijan

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
fafo58

Re: Registration Azerbaijan

Postby fafo58 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:40 pm

this is an anwser to adi about the azeri survey: to be quite honest with you, i would definetly not give the very honest answer you mention, most of these countries are f* police states under dictators, so what is the point ? in theory you cannot get an azeri visa if you have been visiting nagorno karabagh occupied by armenia...would you give an honest answer if they asked you about it and you had actually been there? of course not!
I travel for instance to turkey at least twice a year, and i have a norwegian passport which means i have to get a visa online, and my personal political opinions about turkey are not exactly in line with the government in that country - i just try not to mix my personal views with eventual 'surveys' by these governments.cheers and happy travels.
1 x

Amalia

Postby Amalia » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:11 pm

Hi, we are Amalia and Marco. We enterd in Azerbaijan the 16th february by land from the Lagodekhi/Balakan border (between Georgia and Azerbaijan) by bicycle. We can confirm that in Balakan the registration is easy and quite fast (about 15 min). You need just your passport and your visa. Cost 5 manat per person (about 2,5€). The immigration police office is in the center of Balakan.
2 x

patuszak

Postby patuszak » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:49 pm

I'm reading your reports and a question came to my mind.

Do I need to register if I'm staying in Azerbaijan for less than 10 days? I've made a research and found such information "If you’re staying in Azerbaijan for longer than 10 days you must register with the State Migration Service within 10 days of arrival [...]" but after reading Caravanistan website I've started to hesitate if I got it right...

Thank you in advance!
0 x
Trip 2018 on a motorbike: from Poland to Bulgaria, Romania, Turkey, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Iran, Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Macedonia, Kosovo, Albania, Slovenia.

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:13 pm

Not quite certain, but registration is pretty painless nowadays. Your hotel will do it for you, or if you are never paying for accommodation, it is easy to register yourself. So just do it and have peace of mind.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

patuszak

Postby patuszak » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:22 pm

Thanks a lot!

I'll be there on my motorbike and I prefer to camp/ find some place for a tent rather than stay in a hotel which may register me, that's why I asked. I'll try to do it online on my own, keep your fingers crossed!
0 x
Trip 2018 on a motorbike: from Poland to Bulgaria, Romania, Turkey, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Iran, Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Macedonia, Kosovo, Albania, Slovenia.

SteveL

Postby SteveL » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:10 pm

Hi, we're two cyclists from Canada, we registered in Balakan on April 17th. The registration was simple, we didn't even have to say a word. We walked in the door and the guy asked for our passports and visas. It took 10 minutes and 5 manat each. No hotel reservations were needed or asked for. I recommend anyone entering Azerbaijan at Balakan register here. It's easy, you know it was done correctly and you don't have to think about it anymore.

Thank you to those who posted above for their excellent description and photos of the building.

-Steve
1 x

ritabiciclette

Postby ritabiciclette » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:38 pm

First of all: Thanks a lot for collecting all that useful information - caravanistan.com is great!

I want to mention, that at the Azeri-Iranian border in Astara no registration slip was needed. I was told so before of people in Azerbaijan who often deal with tourists, and it was true: nobody asked me about the registration. I think they can see it in the system and therefore papers are not required anymore.
2 x