Registration Azerbaijan

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Registration Azerbaijan

Post by steven »

The immigration office location is linked on the Azeri visa registration page http://caravanistan.com/visa/azerbaijan/registration/
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Zevla

Post by Zevla »

Registration in May 2017: forget Baku unless you have a local friend with an ID or want to sleep in hotels. It's a nightmare. The central post doesn't do it anymore. (I don't know if it's some change in legislation, or just a change at the Baku post office.) They sent us to ASAN xidmet. Don't go there, they don't do it either. From there, we were sent to the immigration police and there we were told that ONLY a hotel itself could register a hotel address. Also don't go to Sport Hotel Baku, the guy at the reception has no clue and it was impossible to explain it to him (not even through an interpreter). Eventually, we only got the registration if we paid 3 days of an expensive hotel. (They refused to do it for less than 3 days.) It was 120 Manats for 2 people - so totally not the best deal in the world. By the way, the online registration didn't work either.
1 x

Fiestje

Post by Fiestje »

Seems like we have quite a different experience regarding the online registration. For us it worked, but you need to be patient. We did it in May 2017, 2 Belgian citizens.

Let's start with the beginning:
We crossed at the Astara border crossing coming from Iran. We had an electronic visa and everything went smoothly and easy. After getting our entry stamp, they gave us a little paper:

"Attention to foreign citizens!

Foreigners or stateless persones intending to stay temporarily in the country more than 10 days should apply to the regional departments of the State Migration Service:

Baku - (012) 5980974 Lankaran - (025) 2526783
Shirvan - (021) 2157123 Khachmaz - (023) 3256018
Yevlakh - (022) 3368205 Aghsu (020) 2265427
Ganja - (022) 2252736 Shaki - (024) 2450849

via e-mail ([email protected]) or in person within 10 days from time after arrival in the country in order to get registered upon place of stay. For additional information you can call to (012) 919 number."

We were planning on staying a few days in Baku anyway, so we waited until we were there for getting our registration done.

First, we wanted to have it done in a post office, as it seemed the easiest way, but as mentioned in the previous blogpost: they don't do it anymore, not even the central post office.

We didn't want to lose too much time by going in person to the migration office and we didn't know which kind of information was required to send via e-mail, so we decided to try the online registration. There are 3 steps to be completed, so don't be confused. Just wait and go on to the next step.

1) Go to https://e-reg.migration.gov.az/DMXERegistrationApp/ and click on 'Registration as physical person'. Fill in your details and apply. Here you think you've done your registration, but in fact you've just created an account. You will receive an e-mail to confirm your e-mail address. After that you'll be asked to create a password. Then you can enter your account, but nothing happened yet. Under 'applications' you'll see 'no application'. So you need to fill in an address under 'addresses'. We were staying with a host so we used his address, we don't think it matters which one you give. After you filled in the address you'll see it's 'pending'. Just wait.

2) The following day the status had changed from 'pending' to 'active'. We didn't get an e-mail to tell us that, we had to log in to see it. Okay, NOW we could apply for the registration. Go to the address, click on 'operation' and then 'register at this address'. You'll need to fill in your details again as you did in the very first step. After that, just wait.

3) You receive an e-mail from the State Migration Service with a 'Notification form' to tell that you were registered until the date you filled in. This can take some time however. One of us receiced this mail a few hours later, one of us only the following day.

In overall it took 3 days to be fully completed for 2 persons, but you mainly just have to wait until they've activated your address and confirmed your registration. We didn't pay anything.

That's it. We didn't print the email and we weren't asked anything about our registration when we left the country at the Red Bridge border crossing to Georgia.

Another option when you're staying with a host is that her or she fills in a document with your and his/her details, scans it again and sends it to the migration office via mail. One girl said she's done it many times before for her guests nd never had any troubles, the registration is done within a day. She was German and always used this form that can be found on the website of the German embassy in Baku: http://www.baku.diplo.de/contentblob/41 ... etzung.pdf

It didn't seem really complicated to us, once you know how it works, and it's certainly not expensive. It just takes some time.
2 x

HelsDaz948

Post by HelsDaz948 »

We arrived in Baku on our 9th day. We attempted to register online and failed. On our 10th day we visted the migration office - details supplied by Caravanistan - Binagadi Highway. There are 2 offices here but neither could help us. We were sent to Baku City Regional migration department, 189 Atatürk Prospekti. After some delay because we hadn't brought the ID of our host (and actually the lady wanted the ID of the person that owned the apartment we were staying in and since it's rented by a British Embassy employee ((our Host)), he had to get details of the actual owner). But we did get our registration slip.
2 x

Zevla

Post by Zevla »

Update: when we were leaving the country through the Alat port to Kazakhstan, nobody cared about the registration, However, there was another guy who was actually being deported because he hadn't had the registration when he was trying to get out by train.
2 x

emto

Post by emto »

Hello, I've just received the electronic visa Republic of Azerbaijan with duration of stay 30 days. I plan to stay in Azerbaijan for about two weeks, but the trip is organized by myself and I exactly don't know where and how long I will stay - for example 1 day in Lahic, next day in Sheki. The last two, three days I plan to spend in Sheki, but I don't know date of arrival, and I have any reservation of hotel. Then I go to Georgia. I know that when a foreigner or stateless person changes place of stay he should get registered upon new place of stay. So, I have to register my stay every time I change place of stay even it it will be day by day - Lahic, Sheki, Zaqatala? Do you think I can register online and indicate that after 10 day I will stay at Sheki and give the address of any hotel? Will anyone check the reservation or actual address of stay? I want to register in advance. I think if anybody on border with Georgia check my passport and visa, the most important will be the registration and nobody will check my real place of stay? What do you think about it?

Best Regards, Marek Tomaszewski, Poland
(sorry for my English)
1 x

Zevla

Post by Zevla »

Answer to emto: As far as I know, registering one address per stay is enough. Since nobody ever wants to do it and they don't really know how, you can spend an entire day (or more) on doing it. So if you wanted to register every address, you wouldn't be doing anything else the whole two weeks. I haven't heard about anybody who got into troubles if they had one registration, so I think that if you manage to get one, you'll be fine.
1 x

Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

Update September 2017:

My boyfriend and I crossed the Georgian - Azerbaijan border in Lagodekhi (Matsimi). From there we hitchhiked to the first town, called Balakan. We went to the migration office and had our registration slips within 15 minutes. Everything went fast and smooth, no problems there! We each paid 5 AZN. You can find all the details (with photos of the place!) here: https://www.journalofnomads.com/visa-re ... zerbaijan/

Upon leaving the country by taking the boat in Baku, the officer checked our registration so you better have one, you never know.
We stayed in a hostel in Baku, called Mr Hostel. The girls at the reception can take care of your registration in one evening. So if you're not entering Azerbaijan by the border in Lagodekhi, make it yourself easy and head over to this hostel, even if it's just for one night and get it done there!
2 x

fafo58

Post by fafo58 »

I was in Azerbaijan for 12 days.
Even the cheapest hotels in Baku will help you with the registration. They will send the application online, free of charge - and they will get the answer the next day.
they will print the receipt for you.
At the airport they didnt even check mine even though it was clear I had stayed longer than 10 days.
1 x

adi

Post by adi »

Maybe a bit off-topic, but the day after I left Azerbaijan (after 9 days on a 30 day eVisa) I received an eMail from Azeri immigration asking me to participate in a survey.

This consisted of only four questions how did you like/rate the people's attitude to foreigners / food / hotels / transport plus the final: What do you think of the immigration service? No here the worries start. As these guys are obviously tapping into the foreigners database, would an honest answer (viz. that they are f* police state under a dictator) jeopardise my chances of being readmitted? On the other hand not telling them what I did think about that eVisa (lack of payment options and the registration nuisance) would they know what to improve?
1 x