Embassy report: Chinese visa in Almaty

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
carlitosmeneo

Re: Embassy report: Chinese visa in Almaty

Post by carlitosmeneo »

Any update on getting a Chinese visa in Almaty?
0 x

MatZoub

Post by MatZoub »

Hey,
I didnt try in Almaty, but I tried in Astana last week and its not possible if you are not staying more than three month in kazakstan. It took me at least four hours to go inside the embassy. You can apply for visa only on mondays, wednesday, and fridays. You have to be there really early (I arrived at 7 and it was already crowded). Then you put your name on the list but its pointless because at the opening of the consulate (at 9am), it becomes a big fight. Haha I've never seen something like this. Inside they didnt let me apply (french citizen with a normal 30days tourist "visa" in kz), but I saw a uk passport holder who made it, and a couple of senegalese as well, but probably all having a business visa in kz (they had the badges of the "Expo2017" around their neck).
I have some friends (2 french citizens) who tried to apply in bichkek, it seems to be impossible, even to enter the embassy. And I asked some travel agency in Almaty, they told me its impossible without residency. I will try myself to go to Mongolia and apply from Ulan baator, I let you know when I get there (IF I get there)
Cheers
2 x

Remicarr

Post by Remicarr »

Hello,
From today, it's impossible to apply in UB too. Law is changing
0 x

MatZoub

Post by MatZoub »

Hello everyone.
Ive been staying around Astana/almaty/Bichkek for at least one month and a half now. And from all the stories I know, its impossible in Bichkek and Almaty. Some people (from what I know 2 French people who tried persistently more than one month ago, and one british guy around two month ago) got their visa in Astana. But I know for sure I got rejected as I said in previous post (French citizen) and one english guy appliance was also rejected last week (not even able to apply actually). I myself (and three other French citizen) managed to get my visa sending my passport back home. Just sent it with DHL and used travel agency Rapide Visa (I dont want to make advertising for them, just want to help those who want to try like this). It took a bit less than 3 weeks from the day I sent it till the day I received it in Bichkek, and it cost 200 euro all included (the fact of being 4 people made it cheaper for sending the passport). Good luck every one.
3 x

avelolasticot

Post by avelolasticot »

We tried to get a chinese visa in Almaty mid-december, still not possible with a tourist kazakh visa :(
0 x
Two girls cycling from France to ... ? http://avelolasticot.fr/en

niels_scherling

Post by niels_scherling »

Still impossible on July 27th 2018, as we had a 30-day Kazakh tourist visa. You need a 1-year visa or permanent residence permit. Took us 2 hours of waiting at this chaotic consulate, asking for exceptions and their understanding, but we got sent away anyway. Per August 1st you need to complete your application online and make an appointment at the embassy. Plan ahead if you want to try, as availability of time slots can be almost 1 week ahead.
1 x

Alexia

Post by Alexia »

Hello,

We would like to apply for a Chinese visa from Almaty (or Bishkek, Douchambe) and have read that there aren't any possibilities for that... Do you have some fresh informations about it ? Or maybe if it is possible from a near other country?

We are french and actually in Toshkent :)

Thanks a lot!
0 x

Lysistrata

Post by Lysistrata »

Yes...unfortunately still NOT possible. One couple of our China-Transit-Group tried hard to get their visa there. No chance. They even could not enter the embassy. We got our chinese Visa also "on the way" but in our home country (Switzerland) with 2nd passports. We are a unmarried Swiss-German-Couple with two kids which was quite a challenge. But we got it.
1 x

Lagerfeld

Embassy reports: China visa from Almaty

Post by Lagerfeld »

Yesterday I went to the CHINA VISA CENTER in Almaty, and, even when I don't want to go to China, I asked for a tourist visa.
I've been told: If you want to get a visa as a foreigner in Kazakhstan you must be living in KZ for minimum 6 month's - you must have something like a permanent resident.

[img]https://up.picr.de/45788889iy.jpg[/img]

Address of the CHINA VISA CENTER is Almaty, Gogol ulica . . .
0 x

dina.lowe

Post by dina.lowe »

Hello,
It seems my chances of securing a Chinese visa in Almaty as a foreigner without resident status are not looking good…is there anywhere in Central Asia that is granting visas? From what I have read there has only been success in Yerevan for anyone in the same situation.
0 x