Turkmenistan transit visa in Bishkek

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Diekis

Re: Turkmenistan transit visa in Bishkek

Postby Diekis » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:24 am

Applied two days ago. Consul sometimes decides "to do not work this afternoon", so do not be surprised if embassy is closed.

You have to submit:

A) 2x photos
B) formular (they give you one)
C) another formular, different one
D) Cover letter, explaining purpose of your travel, entry and exit ports, etc
E) photocopies (IN COLOR) of passport main page, visa of uzbekistan and Iran
F) bank slip of a 10 USD payment in advance (I guess to cover their hard job of issuing a visa), non refundable. They give you the bank account to do it. It is the KICB. You can pay in any branch.

And of course, bring a big smile, smart dress and polite attitude.
2 x

imdumas

Postby imdumas » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:18 pm

I went there last month. They told me that they DONT accept people during the afternoon, even if the embassy is officially open. They also don't accept picking up visa.

Please go early, the payment in KICB bank can take a lot of time.
For going to the KICB branch from the embassy, the fastest way is hitchhiking. Or maybe you are lucky and find taxi or mashrutka.
Every 30 min there is a Marshrutka which drives until the cross beetween Manas prospeky and Kiev ulica. Im not sure but maybe it goes all the way until Osh bazaar.
2 x

aussietraveller7

Postby aussietraveller7 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:31 am

38 year old aussie guy with beard.

I applied in Bishkek on Friday 1st June, no queue. (Note: Closed on Wednesday's) Fairly quick providing you have all the paperwork and colour photocopies of your passport. Once the embassy has checked them, they will give you a $10 USD bank deposit slip. The bank is a 3 min taxi ride away. You then return with the paid deposit slip & documents. They only accept documents between 10am & 12.30pm. Given the process I would recommend getting there before 10am. Also both Maps.me & google maps have wrong locations for the embassy so go off the address on the embassy website.

In Bishkek they give you the option to write urgent on your letter that apparently speeds up your application from 10 to 5 working days.

Arriving in Tashkent I went to the embassy to check if my visa had been successful. As the Tashkent embassy is closed on Fridays I visited on the Thursday which was only 4 working days from when I applied. The queue in Tashkent was huge and I had to wait for 3 hours! Once they checked the visa status, it was still pending. In Tashkent they were not aware of the urgent process and said it would take 10 working days as a minimum.

I was traveling to Dushanbe so went on the Monday to check. Had to wait 3 hours as the Consul arrived 2 hours late. He was difficult to deal with and refused to check my application. Also said I needed to have the approval letter sent by email & a colour photocopy of my passport.

Called the embassy in Bishkek, they advised that a 5 day transit visa had been approved and gave me the visa number. They said to return back to the Dushanbe embassy the following day & they would email the consul to advise my visa was to be picked up in Dushanbe.

Returned to the embassy, the following day with a photocopy of my passport in colour. Still no approval letter to give him as I never received it. The queue was quick, and he was in a better mood. Made me refill-in the application form so he knew my route to write in the visa. He wanted a a photo but I had none to give him. Gave me a bank deposit slip for $55 payable to the Pakistan Bank next to the Sheraton & advised to return at 3pm. The consul in Dushanbe is very focused on paperwork so make sure you have everything.

End result, urgent application worked, took 6 working days and some time. Bishkek were helpful and I would recommend placing your application at this embassy.
2 x

alentourdumonde

Postby alentourdumonde » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:18 am

Hello aussietraveller7 thanks for this big message that give us good informations. We are two french on the way to do the turkmen visa in bishkek too; can you tell us what was all the document they asked you? thanks man
0 x

Tobbe

Postby Tobbe » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:20 pm

Hey guys. Happy to read this and super interested too. Want to apply in about a week there too. So in case you have any updates and further information I'd be glad if you share it here. Thanks guys
0 x

roamingcanuck

Postby roamingcanuck » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:21 am

Hi Tobbe, have you applied for yours yet? What route are you taking? Into Iran or headed to Azerbaijan via Turkmenbashi? Has anyone had success with this route (to Azerbaijan)?

Thanks!
0 x

Tobbe

Postby Tobbe » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:51 pm

Hey "roamingcanuck"..

we're about to cycle to bishkek today and first i will then get my iranian Visa there. in the meanwhile i hope that my uzbek e visa will be confirmed so that i can hooefully apply for the turkmen Visa beginning of next week. i would like to go tashkent-Samarkand-bukhara-mary -ashgabat----> Iran as soon as i have arranged the visas
0 x

arsenal4mylife

Postby arsenal4mylife » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:29 am

Hey guys, just wonder if the Uzbek e-visa is sufficient for applying transit visa of Turkmenistan? or must paper visa be issued?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:17 am

If you print the e-visa it will be ok.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

bocekm

Postby bocekm » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:59 pm

The embassy is now officially open Monday through Friday, including Wednesday. There's a guy who speaks great English, is friendly and willing to help. They do not accept the applications in the late afternoon (5pm to 6pm) because the KICB bank closes at 5pm. Maybe if you arrive with already paid $10, thay could accept the application. Here's what you need for paying the fee (piece of paper you'll get from the embassy staff):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1g0EooReV5U7TOFT1RWgsVQyE-wXUoq1T
BTW, hint directly from the staff - if there's more of you, mention all of you on one cover letter and they will consider it as one application for all, so you'll pay just one 10$ fee.
The embassy guy gave us hints for the cover later, along these lines:

URGENT
To: Embassy of Turkmenistan in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
<name>, born <date>, passport number <number>
We would like to apply for a 5-day transit visa through Turkmenistan to be able to get from Uzbekistan
to Iran.
Entry: Xo'jayli - Köneürgenç, 6. October 2018
Exit: Gaudan – Bajgiran, 11. October 2018
Route:
Day 1) Xo'jayli
Day 2) Darvaza
Day 3) Aşgabat
Day 4) Aşgabat
Day 5) Gaudan
Email: [email protected]

Starting with URGENT should make the processing last 2 weeks instead of typical three. Mention your email there and they will send you an invitation letter in those about 2 weeka. You'll print it and go directly to the border with it.
2 x