Turkmenistan transit visa refusals

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
mariadecas

Re: Turkmenistan transit visa refusals

Post by mariadecas »

Sorry, they fligthed from Teherán to Tashkent
0 x

John Buenzli

Post by John Buenzli »

@azadihead
Sorry I can not write PM's yet. I have to be more active first :-)
No I don't have a car and would definitely not travel with a foreigner car in Afghanistan.
I am changing plans again and might not go to Afghanistan. Sorry. Good travel.
0 x

DiesDiemSofie

Post by DiesDiemSofie »

Turkmenistan transit visa granted.
We did not get information about it over the phone (tried calling both Tehran and Mashhad), they said I have to go in person.
Today I visited the Tehran Embassy and they confirmed I can pick up my transit visa right then and there or in Mashhad.

Hello All,

My travel partner and I (Hungarian cyclists) have applied for the Turkm transit visa on the same they our French cyclists friends did. They got rejected in Mashhad, so before making the trip there, I asked for a confirmation in Tehran. They confirmed that I got approved.
I don't know if my partner would have gotten the visa or not, because he's going another way and skipping Turkmenistan. They asked about him, but did not comment when I said his plans have changed, and I don't know if this or the number of people travelling together have any impact on their decision.

Best of luck to everyone,
Sofia

PS. I feel kind of said about getting it, because I already came up with a Plan B and it became better than my original trip idea. :)
0 x

roro

Post by roro »

Thanks Sofia for this good news (for you, at least!).
Are you travelling with your car?
RR.
0 x

lesmolletsauvages

Post by lesmolletsauvages »

We also got our visas today in Teheran... I don't know if the fact that we took it from there helped... We were three to get it today, french, belgium and german....
I just put the letter that we wrote, if it can help some people ( the english is bad I think, don't hesitate to correct it)
But anyways, I also think that it is really random...
Good luck to all
Celine

LETTER

Made in Tehran
22/07/2015

Dear Mr. Consul

I address myself to you because I want to cross Turkmenistan, with the aim to travel to Uzbekistan. I wish to therefore be able to benefit a 5-day transit visa from the 6 of August.

I desire, if you allow me, enter your country on August 6th in the morning, by Gaudan's border post.

Then, my plan is to go to Ashgabat. Over there, I plan to sleep in hotel Paytagt. I would like to sleep in this hotel 2 nights, in order to visit your great capital, the National museum of Turkmenistan, the monument of independence and the arch of neutrality.

On August 8th, at 8 am, I will take the bus number 301 from Ashgabat to Turkmenabat, at the Ashgabat International Bus Station.

Then I will sleep in a hotel in Turkmenabat, and the 10th in the morning, I will leave Turkmenistan by the border post close to Turkmenabat.

I thank your honor for his attention, and would be grateful if you look the time to consider my request,

With my most sincere greetings,
0 x

roro

Post by roro »

Thanks a lot for these infos and for the letter as well!
It sounds a good idea, I think.
Can you tell me where did you applied for your visas: In Teheran?
And if so, how long you're waiting for picking-up your visas?
RR.
0 x

PawelO

Post by PawelO »

Dear All,

on Sunday I am starting a car trip heading towards Central Asia. We will drive from Poland through Turkey to Iran and then we are supposed to drive through Turkmenistan in order to continue the trip to Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan. The plan is to apply for Turkmen visa in Ankara and collect it in Mashad (all other visas are already in my passport). Honestly speaking, after reading all the reports I'm quite worried.

Could you please advise me what options I have if my Turkmen visa is rejected? How long does it take to get Russian visa in Iran (I have one entry visa but starting from 25.08) and how long does it take to get Azerbaijan visa in Tehran?

Thanks!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Hi Pawel,

see embassy reports for all I know about Russian and Azeri visas. You are visa-free in Turkey and Armenia. Georgia is probably the place you are most likely to be granted the Russian visa if it does not work out in Tehran.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

azidhead

Post by azidhead »

I got my Azeri visa in Tehran on the same day for 60€. I went to the embassy and they send me to the consulate. They actually called the consul that I'll arrive and they were really friendly. She (the consul) asked for a picture and a letter from my embassy which I didn't have and she accepted it and said come back at 5pm. Now I have an Azeri visa without a picture which looks quite fake but as I did it as a backup if Turkmenistan refused me I won't need it anymore. Can I sell it to anybody? :D
0 x

squawkerys

Post by squawkerys »

Just a follow up to a previous post.

My request for a Turkmen transit visa (5-day, requested in Dushanbe, pickup at Konye Urgench, heading to Turkmenbashi for the ferry to Baku) was approved!

Since this raises my chances of getting into Turkmenistan to approx. 50/50, I'm off to have a celebratory plate of plov!

Good luck in your visa hunting and happy travels.

Cheers, Rich
0 x