Turkmenistan transit visa refusals

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Turkmenistan transit visa refusals

Post by steven »

Sorry roro, cannot say much except that they do sometimes forget to send the e-mail. Does not mean that the visa is not waiting for you in Tehran. Also, 3 weeks is standard still, so e-mail might still come.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

JKB

Post by JKB »

I applied about 3 weeks ago in Tehran - was warned by the embassy staff member that I might get rejected but everything was fine in Mashhad.

I asked for 7 days when I applied. He told me I had to write 5 but I said my friend had got 7 just recently (a lie) and he let me ask for 7 and told me they might just give me 5.

In Mashhad I was told that I couldn't get 7, which was fine by me (I was just happy to get it). But when I returned at 3 to collect there was a Swiss couple who were given 7! God knows how it works...
They only paid $55 but I (on British passport) paid $85.
If you stay more than 5 days don't forget to register!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Thanks for the info JKB. Confusing!
0 x

roro

Post by roro »

Hi fellow travellers,
Finally I've got my visa in Téhéran (thought , in Ankara, I've asked to pick-up them in Mashad): They told us our visa are ready, and 1 hour later it was ok☺
RR.
0 x

twowheelredinski
Supporter
Supporter

Post by twowheelredinski »

Warning that the system in the Turkmenistan embassy in Mashhad has been down sporadically this week, so allow extra time.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Thanks twowheelredinski, and welcome!
0 x

ivars

Post by ivars »

We applied for Turkmen transit visa at the end of April in Tehran, to also pick it up in Tehran, our visa request got refused, for reasons they did not disclose.

We were thinking that it was maybe because we chose a route that is longer than the usual one cyclists take - we wanted to go Turkmenistan-Kazakhstan instead of Uzbekistan.

At the time we hadn't heard of other refusals so decided that was the case.

But luckily you don't have to pay for anything before you actually get your visa.

EDIT: Ah, I forgot that I already complained about our misfortune here :D - http://caravanistan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=844
0 x
The Road Less Traveled to the Place Furthest Away
hmroads.com -- facebook.com/HMRoads -- Instagram

Kidp3

Post by Kidp3 »

I just got refused today when trying to pick up my visa in Mashhad (Canadian passport). I applied about 3 weeks ago in Tehran. The guy in Mashhad said he couldn't find my passport in the system, so I had to call the Embassy in Tehran. A British couple who applied at the same time as me was able to get theirs a few days ago here no problems though.
1 x

hgbbaverstock

Post by hgbbaverstock »

Hi,

For the love of god, don't ask to send your transit visa in Tashkent to the boarder. I applied for one at the beginning of September and had to leave Uzbekistan before I could pick it up as my visa was running out. They said it would be ready at the Kazakh boarder for the 15th, but I spent 3 days in no mans land waiting and eventually gave up as I ran out of time. It's hit and miss.
1 x

lnhzd

Post by lnhzd »

it's probably a bit late but...

transit visa applied in London embassy in July, the application was sent to Ashgabat and got approved after 3 weeks.
Route: Dashoguz in, fly away from Ashgabat (back in London)
4 days
1 x