Turkmenistan transit visa refusals

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Turkmenistan transit visa refusals

Postby steven » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:48 am

Hi Aleco,

it's just something like:

Dear Excellency,I am a tourist visiting Iran and Uzbekistan, and would like to continue overland across Turkmenistan. I would like to enter at A and exit at B. Thanks.

This, but more polite.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

roro

Postby roro » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:19 pm

Hi,

If it can help, you can see below the letter we wrote.....(may be too much polite?)

Robert xxxxxxxxx Ankara, 10/08/2015
Monique xxxxxxxxx
9xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx (France)

Dear Mr Consul,

We adress to you because we want to cross Turkmenistan, with the aim to travel toward Uzbekistan. We wish to therefore be able to benefit a 5-day transit visa from the September 3rd.

We desire, if you allow us, enter your country on September 3rd in the morning, by Gaudan's border post.

Then, our plan is to go to Ashgabat. Over there, we plan to sleep in Dayhan hotel.
We would like to sleep in this hotel 2 nights, in order to visit your great capital, the National museum of Turkmenistan, the monument of independence and the arch of neutrality.

On September 5th, we plan to go to Mary in order to visit the old city of Merv.
We will sleep in Margusch hotel in Mary, then, on September 6th we will go to Turkmenabat and sleep at Hotel Turkmenabat.
On September 7th, in the morning, we will leave Turkmenistan by the Farab’s border post close to Turkmenabat.

We thank your honor for his attention, and would be grateful if you look the time to consider our request,

With our most sincere greetings,

xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx
2 x

2R1ST

Postby 2R1ST » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:33 pm

Hi,
I am an Australian riding my motorcycle from Germany through the "Stans" to Russia. I applied to the London Embassy writing a letter stating that I want a transit visa, stated entry and exit points and nights to stay in the cities. A friend from Germany did the same through an agent. Her visa was granted and mine rejected. I was told to apply for a tourist visa as my application didn't meet the requirements. So I applied for a LOI through a Turkmenistan tour operator with a tour and still got rejected! I am now going to Azerbaijan to get the ferry to Kazakhstan.
2 x

imdumas

Postby imdumas » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:10 pm

Hello everybody. A friend of mine has recently been refused for the Turkmen visa.

I have read many times people taking the flight Tehran<->Almaty when visa is refused.

But I have recently seen the flight Tehran<->Dushanbe by Tajik Airlines.
Has anyone taked It?? Is It a secure flight? Some reviews?

Thank you in advance.
0 x

seysearles

Postby seysearles » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:28 pm

roro wrote:Hi,

If it can help, you can see below the letter we wrote.....(may be too much polite?)

Robert xxxxxxxxx Ankara, 10/08/2015
Monique xxxxxxxxx
9xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx (France)

Dear Mr Consul,

We adress to you because we want to cross Turkmenistan, with the aim to travel toward Uzbekistan. We wish to therefore be able to benefit a 5-day transit visa from the September 3rd.

We desire, if you allow us, enter your country on September 3rd in the morning, by Gaudan's border post.

Then, our plan is to go to Ashgabat. Over there, we plan to sleep in Dayhan hotel.
We would like to sleep in this hotel 2 nights, in order to visit your great capital, the National museum of Turkmenistan, the monument of independence and the arch of neutrality.

On September 5th, we plan to go to Mary in order to visit the old city of Merv.
We will sleep in Margusch hotel in Mary, then, on September 6th we will go to Turkmenabat and sleep at Hotel Turkmenabat.
On September 7th, in the morning, we will leave Turkmenistan by the Farab’s border post close to Turkmenabat.

We thank your honor for his attention, and would be grateful if you look the time to consider our request,

With our most sincere greetings,

xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx

Hi Roro, can we assume that you were granted a visa having written this letter? Also would you put both persons traveling on the same letter (there are two of us) or would they be separate letters?
0 x

roro

Postby roro » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:50 am

I'm not sure it's because of this letter that we got our visas....
We wrote separate letters.
RR.
1 x

seysearles

Postby seysearles » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:03 am

roro wrote:I'm not sure it's because of this letter that we got our visas....We wrote separate letters. RR.

I was just confirming that you actually got the visas, thats all. Thanks. Mine are processing now. Fingers crossed.
0 x

seysearles

Postby seysearles » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:06 am

roro wrote:I'm not sure it's because of this letter that we got our visas....
We wrote separate letters.
RR.

Interestingly I just received an email from Turkmen embassy in Abu Dhabi requesting that I redo my letter of request and remove all the details about our itinerary.

They asked that we only put the date and place of arrival and the date and place of departure.

Another thing which is rather annoying is that they count the days inclusively. So for example we arrive at 4.30pm on July 11th which I assumed meant we could depart on 4pm July 16th however this is not the case as they count July 11th as 1 day. We therefore need to leave Turkmenistan no later than midnight on July 15th. So effectively its 4 days 7.5hrs that we are allowed to be there.

See attached to this post the original letter and the revised one (in order).
Attachments
Turkmenistan_Visa_Application_Letter__Signed (Original).jpg
Turkmenistan_Visa_Application_Letter__Signed (Original).jpg (230.91 KiB) Viewed 3611 times
Turkmenistan_Visa_Application_Letter__Signed (Revised).jpg
Turkmenistan_Visa_Application_Letter__Signed (Revised).jpg (126.96 KiB) Viewed 3611 times
0 x

luketao

Postby luketao » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:00 am

My Turkmenistan Transit Visa got denied in Washington DC. :( I put Dashoguz to Serakhs and submitted all documents.
They accepted my application, but after nearly one month, they said that they had not heard any feedback from Ashgabat.
According to them, that was a sign of refusal. They said the rejection for individual young man is very high...
2 x

redpaperclip

Postby redpaperclip » Thu May 02, 2019 11:45 pm

I have booked a custom tour through Koryo Travel and their partners in Turkmenistan sent in the visa application info months ago. We have heard nothing back so far.

I leave from the US in two weeks to begin traveling in Central Asia. I plan to enter Turkmenistan at the Dashoguz border in Uzbekistan in a little over a month.

Questions:

1. Is it normal for the visa process to be taking this long?

2. Should I have a visa approved before starting my trip?

3. What is a good backup plan? Visa on arrival at the land border in Dashoguz? Cancel the tour before I leave the US?
0 x