Embassy Report: Chinese visa in Tashkent

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Embassy Report: Chinese visa in Tashkent

Post by steven »

Please read and post reports on the embassy of China in Tashkent below.

We summarize all info on the China visa page, under embassy reports.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

AaronScott

Embassy Report: Chinese visa in Tashkent

Post by AaronScott »

Opening hours for visa applications: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 09:00 - 12:00. Visa collection possible Monday to Friday from 15:30. No express service available, five working day processing time.

Irish passport holder, applied alongside a French passport holder on Wednesday 15/08. We were both asked for:
  • Completed v2013 Chinese visa application form
  • Two passport photographs of non-standard size
  • Flight booking to China
  • Accommodation booking for the intended duration of stay in China
  • Proof of employment
We were both asked to fill an additional single sided supplementary application form at the embassy confirming basic personal details. The French passport holder was also asked to provide a letter of invitation (LOI).

The French passport holder had his application declined due to his reserved flight leaving from Dushanbe. Visa applications are only accepted in Tashkent if Uzbekistan is the last country of travel prior to entering China.

With a flight reservation from Tashkent to Beijing and with an explanation in the 'additional comments' section of the visa application form of an intention to join a four-week Mandarin course in Guangzhou after some time visiting cities along the eastern seaboard, the Embassy gave a 60 day visa with 90 days to enter for $40 - not quite matching 90 days/90 days from the Chinese Embassy in Iran during the glory days, but better than the latest reports from Bishkek and Almaty. Happy hunting.
0 x

kenkokafe

Chinese visa Tashkent

Post by kenkokafe »

Hello, we have been refused visa to China with no explanation, apart of telling us to apply in our countries. We are Spanish and Latvian on the road.
We are not sure if we turn up in Bishkek we will get the visa. Can't find any info on internet.
Does anyone knows if you have been refused visa in one country and told to get it in your own country, is likely to get refused visa again? Thanks
0 x
Check out our travels and wanders at http://travelromance.tk

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Chinese visa Tashkent

Post by steven »

Hi kenkokafe,

you will not be refused automatically, you can try again in Bishkek, more chance there.
0 x

kenkokafe

Re: Chinese visa Tashkent

Post by kenkokafe »

Thank you very much Steve!
0 x
Check out our travels and wanders at http://travelromance.tk

rwoodroffe

Post by rwoodroffe »

I phoned to enquire today (24 Aug 2015) about a Chinese visa in Tashkent and was told it was possible. Besides the normal requirements listed above I also have to produce and AIDS certificate!! (That's probably because I'm from South Africa...)

One question: does anyone know how one manages registration and police when your passport is left at the embassy? I will be travelling from Tashkent to Samarkand without my passport and was wondering whether I should get a letter or stamp from the police explaining why I don't have my passport? Any advice appreciated.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Just ask the embassy to give you a stamped paper that your passport is with them, and always carry a copy of your passport.
0 x

rwoodroffe

Post by rwoodroffe »

Update on getting your Chinese visa in Tashkent:
We got ours on 8 September 2015.
We called the Chinese embassy and were told to supply the same documents as mentioned in the Caravanistan visa section (photos on white background, proof of employment, completed visa application form, copy of passport and Uzbek visa, Coors of hotel bookings in China, flight booking Tashkent to Beijing) as well as an AIDS certificate (this could be because we are South African/African). This certificate can be got same day in most Uzbek cities and cost us $5. We also provided proof of funds - print out of bank statement - even though we weren't asked.

We had a flight booking from Tashkent to Beijing, which we subsequently cancelled and booking.com bookings for all or nights in China. They will only issue a visa if say you are traveling directly from Uzbekistan to China.

We arrived at the embassy to submit our documents but were then told at the window that we needed a Letter of Invitation. This is the first time I have heard of China requiring this. We have already been to China previously and weren't required to supply this. This could be because we are South African or it could be an Uzbek thing (Uzbeks applying for Chinese visas require it as well). The embassy lady pointed to the man next to me and said he could arrange it: he was an agent from Malibu Travel.

We went to Malibu Travel (opposite the fancy mall called: Next), and they took all our documents and charged us $100 per visa. They submitted everything and we collected our passports a week later with our Chinese visas. For that week they gave us a color copy of our passport and Uzbek visa with an explanation of why we weren't carrying our passports for the Uzbek police. The police were ok with this.

If I was applying for a Chinese visa in Tashkent I would first try to apply directly to the embassy and only use Malibu Travel if the embassy asks for a Letter of Invitation.

Malibu Travel's details:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +998 90 911 7888 or +998 90 175 2090
Directions:
From Bunyodkor Metro walk south on Furkata street for about 1.5km. Malibu Travel will be on your left about 200m before the fancy Next mall which will be on your right.
1 x

Alac

Post by Alac »

Hi, the last post is 1 year old. Is there some new info about getting a Chinese visa in Tashkent? Thank you very much!
0 x

doug27

Post by doug27 »

Im giving it a go tomorrow so will let you know how it goes :) (Im presuming badly)
0 x