Embassy Report: Chinese visa in Tashkent

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
doug27

Re: Embassy Report: Chinese visa in Tashkent

Postby doug27 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:40 am

So an update on the sitution -
I went to the embassy at about 11 before it shut at 12 and waited around for an hour in a queue with people who'd been there since 9. After talking to an Uzbek guy who spoke English I registered on a list and handed my passport for inspection, which they didnt actually tell me to do so no idea how long I'd have been there without him. At about 10 to 12 I was told it was only for students, but still waited as more people were going in. At 12 when it shut I spoke to the woman who I would have dealt with inside, and she told me they are not giving visas to travellers on tourist visas in Uzbek, only Uzbek student or business visas.

Im going to try use the agency mentioned above, but to clarify from my ramble, it doesnt seem like they are offering any tourist visas for China in Tashkent at the moment, They didnt even read my form or ask the details of a flight.

Hope that helps, I'll update about the agency...
Doug
0 x

doug27

Postby doug27 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:50 am

Further update - Called Malibu travel and they said Chinese visas are currently blocked.

Dont know if anyone else has had this?
0 x

Alac

Postby Alac » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:41 am

Thank you so much Doug... Your info is very important (though bad news)

I will try it this Friday, let's see if it is unblocked by then. I tried in Tehran some weeks ago and had the same. Checking different forums, I saw that this situation is happening almost everywhere in the last month!

Hope that two weeks after the end of G20 they will let me apply!

Good luck!
1 x

Petipatapon

Postby Petipatapon » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:54 pm

Thank you Alac. We are going to tashkent in 2 weeks and hope to get it there. We look forward for your repport.
I guess we met each other in tehran, we were the french couple printing some documents for the Chinese visa in tehran at the same moment as you.
1 x

Alac

Postby Alac » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:20 am

Hi, I'm a Spanish guy doing the silk road.

I tried to apply yesterday, 23/09/16, for a Chinese visa in Tashkent, with NO success. Same story as in Tehran, if you don't have a long permit (work, study, etc) in the country, you cannot even apply. Thursday I called Malibu agency, they told me it was blocked, but it was my last chance and i did a long trip to Tashkent just for that, so I gave it a try anyway.

I went there at 8:45 and there was already a long queue of students. I gave my passport to a policemen, to include it in a list. After a quite long wait outside, it was my turn (I was in the non-student line). I talked to a woman in the visa section who just told me it was not possible. "apply in Spain" were his last lapidary words.

So that's it. The g20 theory loses grip... I have no clue of what's going on. Is still valid the hong Kong trick as the last chance? I think I read something about that not even working now.

Best of lucks,

Alac

PD: yes, I remember you from the Tehran bureuau, of course... Hope you are successful in two weeks! I resign!!
0 x

carlitosmeneo

Postby carlitosmeneo » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:03 am

Any updates about getting a Chinese visa in Tashkent? Thanks
0 x

Kasrkin

Postby Kasrkin » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:06 am

Hi,
We try today (french) to apply for the Chinese visa in Tashkent. It's impossible.
You need to have a 6 month visa (min) in Uzbekistan to apply for the visa. If not, they don't let you try for it.

Edit : We returned from the French Embassy where we asked for advice. It certainly does not seem possible to have a Chinese visa in the region if you are a cyclist and if you want to go to Mongolia. The Russian transit visa remains the only solution with the direct flight to Ulaanbaatar hoping to have a visa for China after.
1 x

sylvb74

Postby sylvb74 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:31 pm

Hi,
For you what is the best option, Tashkent ou Bishkek toget visa?
0 x
Do it.

CésarDP

Postby CésarDP » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:33 am

Anyone has update news about getting a transit visa in Tashkent? Im a spanish citizen needed to go to Pakistan from Kgz...
0 x

Utenz

Postby Utenz » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:34 am

I've just tried to get a tourist visa for China here in tashkent but it got declined because I'm here on a tourist visa.
They would not make any exception... You have to be either uzbek citizen or have a min 6 month resident visa for Uzbekistan :(
0 x