Visa run Kyrgyzstan

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Aurelie

Visa run Kyrgyzstan

Post by Aurelie »

Hi,

I arrive At the end of my 2 months in KG. I have to leave on Monday but I was wondering if I can do only a visa run and come back in Bishkek the same day. Or do I have to spend at least a night in Almaty?

Also, my friend would like a transit visa for KZ. He is From NZ and unfortunately, he is not a part of the countries that have 15 days. Has someone experienced it in Bishkek recently? Is it sure you can get it the next working day (or even the same day?)

Thanks
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Visa run Kyrgyzstan

Post by steven »

You can stay across the border in Kordai but everybody tends to just hop across. Border guards are also ok with it.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Aurelie

Post by Aurelie »

Do you know any hotel/guesthouse in Kordai?

First, i can't find anything on internet. And i'd rather have an adress to put on the form if I have to stay one night in KZ.

Thanks
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Here's what a search came up with : https://foursquare.com/v/%D0%B3%D0%BE%D ... 2905e92975

I know there are places to stay as I know expats do stay there, but I don't know the names. In Russian, ask for gastinitsa once you cross the border, you should come up with something, but cannot help with prices or location. You don't have to put an address on your immigration form when you come into Kazakhstan.

Please let us know what happened, I am sure others will be helped by that in the future!
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Aurelie

Post by Aurelie »

Ok, so I took a marshurtka in front of tsum center in Bishkek. 285 and 333 are going to the border in theory. I think some leave from the bus station or dordoi too but I dont know which one. I paid 30 soms ( it seems the new price) and arrived at the border 40' later. Going there at 5pm is probably not the best idea. It was crowded and kind of crazy there...

I left KG in less than 10'. I did the queue for nothing as you need to go to the office to give your passeport. But the office being just after the passport control for locals, it's hard to make your way until there. They are more like every man for himself and won't let you pass.

Then it took at least 1h to get through the kazak border. Lots of (crazy people). The line was quite long and they don't hesitate to push you or squeeze you to go faster. You also can walk next to the cars and the officer will open the gate (sometimes after a while) and will let you in). Faster than waiting in the walking line...

Then they let maybe 20 people going inside and everybody starts running to be the first one at the passport control office. Anyway, i filled a form before and gave it to the officer with my passport. One stamp and one photo later, I was in KZ.

Then I crossed the street and went back to the other side, pick a woman officer and gave my passport. No question, nothing, one more stamp and I was out. Same thing for KG.
I jumped into a marshurtka and was back in Bishkek 3h later.

I'm quite glad that everything went well. I was really nervous. It was the last night with my friend and I didnt want to spend it in Korday.

So apparently, someome else does the same thing and usually, has no problem. Except once, the officer asked him to spend some time in the country (KZ).
0 x