Afghanistan visa in Termez?

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
YosephG

Afghanistan visa in Termez?

Post by YosephG »

Hello,

Does anyone know if I can get an Afghan visa in Termez? I saw on the Caravanistan Afghanistan page that someone was told at the embassy in Tashkent that that Embassy only serves Uzbek residents, but that foreigners could get the visa at Termez. Nonetheless, I haven’t read any stories about people trying there, and can’t even find the consulate’s contact details...

Any tips or consulate report? Thanks!
0 x

gaz457

Re: Afghanistan visa in Termez?

Post by gaz457 »

Also interested in this. What dates were you planning to go to Mazar Sharif? I'll probably be flying into Tashkent from Lahore...
0 x

YosephG

Post by YosephG »

gaz457 wrote:Also interested in this. What dates were you planning to go to Mazar Sharif? I'll probably be flying into Tashkent from Lahore...
Hi, pretty soon. I'm temporarily living in Tajikistan (where I am unable to get a visa in Dushanbe because they require a 'letter of no objections' that my embassy doesn't issue, and the Khorog consulate only issues visas now for the Wakhan, apparently). I have the 3 - 14 of September off from work, so sometime during that period (assuming I can manage to get ahold of someone in Termez about the visa situation)... I'm also thinking about possibly going down to Termez and asking in person if I can't figure it out from here... But its a long trip to simply be told 'no'...
1 x

gaz457

Post by gaz457 »

Yeah, pretty frustrating! No chance in Tashkent? I'd be interested to know how you get on anyway, can I find you on Facebook or Insta? Cheers!
0 x

gaz457

Post by gaz457 »

@yosephg Find anymore info?
0 x

mazureke

Afghanistan Consulate in Termez

Post by mazureke »

Hello,

Has anyone has any luck securing a tourist visa for Afghanistan at the consulate in Termez, Uzbekistan? How was the process? How many days did it take?
I'm having a difficult time finding updated information since this consulate recently opened. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
0 x

pablogers

Post by pablogers »

have same question, i havent found any info, maybe i will go this week.
0 x

tomm1

Post by tomm1 »

I'm currently traveling in Central Asia, and I was also very curious about this possibility of making a quick visit to Mazar. As I couldn't find any information regarding the consulate, I decided to make a small detour to Termez today on my way to Dushanbe and help the whole internet to figure this out.

The consulate I exactly where Google maps shows it, near the intersection of Ulitsa Islama Karimova and Ulitsa Hamza. It's very easy to find, as there is an Afghanistan flag at the door.

Approximate coordinates:
N37.13.344
E067.17.008

There was a really friendly gentleman working there, who spoke perfect English. He explained the process, while also giving a lot of warnings regarding the safety situation in Afghanistan. You need to have either Letter of Invitation OR a letter from your embassy (that includes your passport number). If everything was in order, he said that he could issue me a visa in 10 minutes at the spot. The price for this is 151 US dollars, paid in cash at the embassy (passport of Finland). Unfortunately, I don't have either of those documents so I decided to continue onwards to Dushanbe and try to visit Afghanistan another time.

I hope this is helpful for someone!
2 x

pablogers

Post by pablogers »

amazing tomm1, thanks for the report!!!
0 x

thewildcallsjon

Post by thewildcallsjon »

I am english, 29, I tried to obtain Afghan visa at both Tashkent and so i rode to Termez. I was denied. Told too dangerous. Spoke with Afghan working at consulates/Embassies. I did go to the border and speak with the border gaurds with their guns etc, and ask them also. On waiting there, I saw a large convoy of 30 or so armoured Uzbek military vehicles making their way back into Uzbekistan. They were mostly filled with young Uzbek men smiling through the portholes. Afghans can enter Uzbekistan as they please and come back and forth, wheras Uzbeks are not allowed to cross over into Afghanistan. While waiting at the border for a good hour or so, buses of Afghans and Afghans cycling and walking across kept passing. Many a serious/unfriendly looking Afghan face looked at me on my bike while i waited. Quite an uncomfortable experience. The military border gaurds asked why would I want to go there over google translate, and signalled slit throat gesture to me....
1 x