Iran visa extension in Bojnurd

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
brieuc

Iran visa extension in Bojnurd

Postby brieuc » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:00 pm

I went to extend my visa today (Oct. 9, 2019) in Bojnurd, it was easy and straightforward, the whole process took 45 minutes.

I arrived in Teheran one month earlier (sept. 10, 2019) and was issued a visa on arrival (VAO) at the airport on my Belgian passport.

The immigration office is nearby the airport (37.4771001, 57.2813090). I showed up at 9.15 with my passport, two photocopies of the picture page (I had these made earlier in the city) and two ID shots — that’s it since they don’t stamp your passport anymore.

Entering the building complex an English-speaking guard told me I had to leave my backpack at the entrance as well as my phone in a locker.

I went to the counter gave the documents and asked for an extension (the guy spoke basic English). I didn’t have to go to the bank, I just gave money (around 400,000IRR) to a guy in line who payed with his Iranian card. After payment, I was given a form in English to fill in with my basic information. I waited for a few minutes and then received my extension (on a piece of paper, not stamped on the passport).

All in all it was very easy, I would definitely recommend Bojnurd since there was no queue and the English-speaking staff was friendly.

Brieuc
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Iran visa extension in Bojnurd

Postby steven » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:22 am

Thanks Brieuc, that's a new one!
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D