Embassy Report: Turkmenistan in Moscow

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
SafetyNoodle

Embassy Report: Turkmenistan in Moscow

Postby SafetyNoodle » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:13 am

The Moscow embassy accepts applications from nationals of third countries for tourist and transit visas. Appointments must be made on the website (in Russian) and when I looked there was typically only one date available at any time which would be about two weeks from the current date. New dates open every day at 22:00 Moscow time. Everything was professional as I applied for a transit visa from Azerbaijan to Uzbekistan on an Israeli passport. US$10 was collected in cash and I was told that I would have to pay more when picking up my visa. There was a little confusion over whether or not I could pick up my transit visa at another embassy since it is without a letter of invitation, but after informing them that I had checked previously with the embassy and been given the okay they said it would be fine and to pick up my visa in two weeks in Baku. I went to the embassy in Baku and was given a paper which can be exchanged on the border for a visa with a US$35 cash payment. The transit visa is valid for five days beginning upon entry.
0 x