Pakistan visa on arrival Q&A

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Pakistan visa on arrival Q&A

Post by steven »

Please leave all your questions and reports on the Pakistan visa on arrival below.

We summarize info at the Pakistan visa page.

Reports for the E-visa process are gathered in this forum thread.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

laurent_rio

Pakistan visa on arrival Q&A

Post by laurent_rio »

beside evisa, they also announce list of countries that can get visa on arrival !! Seems Pakistan try to follow India steps in ease the Visa

https://epaper.dawn.com/DetailNews.php? ... 19_001_006
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Re: Pakistan e-visa Q&A

Post by bwv812 »

The article says that the initial rollout will be for visa-on-arrival, so no website for them should necessarily be expected.
0 x

mochiladestino

Re: Pakistan e-visa and VOA Q&A

Post by mochiladestino »

Hello guys! Such a good news! 2 questions here:
1) The Visa on Arrival is also valid for land borders (Malaysian passport)?

2) The Tourist Visa is valid for land borders (Brazilian passport)?

Thanks everyone!
0 x

BlueNonoka

Post by BlueNonoka »

Sharing my experience applying VOA (Tourist) with the newly launched Pakistan Online Visa System. Application was submitted on 15 Apr 2019.
I am happy to report that I received the Electronic Authorization to Travel (ETA) by email within 24 hours of submitting my application.

About me: Malaysian citizen, single, female, retired, individual tourist on this coming trip to Lahore, had travelled to Pakistan a couple of times previously on tours organized by Pakistan tour operators (hence previous visas were obtained using LOI issued by the tour operators).

The whole application process took me over an hour to complete and I was logged out once due to session expired. It’s no joke filling up the travel history for past 3 years (2016 to current) and all the employment details (including previous employment information).

By the way, for both port of entry and port of exit, the system only allows selection from a drop down list of 5 cities - Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi, Peshawar, Quetta.

As individual tourist, I uploaded photograph, passport and hotel booking confirmation (hotel booked on Agoda).
Note: Agoda sent the hotel confirmaton in pdf format, you need to convert it to jpg/jpeg/png format in order to upload it.

For payment, I was sent an OTP (via text message) to be entered on the website. You are only allowed to submit the application after payment.
Soon after, I received emails confirming the payment submission as well as the application submission.
And within 24 hours, I received the email containing the ETA.
Attachments
Pak-Visa ETA for VOA.jpg
Pak-Visa ETA for VOA.jpg (36.67 KiB) Viewed 4845 times
1 x

BlueNonoka

Post by BlueNonoka »

The e-Visa site has been updated with an FAQ section explaining the difference between Tourist Visa and VOA.
https://visa.nadra.gov.pk/faqs/

Applying for Tourist Visa - you will get a Visa Grant Notice (which is essentially the Visa, with a Visa Reference number).

Applying for VOA - you will get an ETA, it is not a Visa, it merely authorizes you to travel to Pakistan and seek VOA on arrival at the Visa On Arrival counter of the FIA.
3 x

helen

Post by helen »

BlueNonoka wrote:Applying for VOA - you will get an ETA, it is not a Visa, it merely authorizes you to travel to Pakistan and seek VOA on arrival at the Visa On Arrival counter of the FIA.
I (German woman) intend to visit Pakistan in August. I couldn't have applied for the visa back home as I'm travelling for a long time.
From what I understand, the new system allows me to apply for the VOA online, get the ETA and then claim the visa at the airport. So I wouldn't need to apply for the visa from my country of residence. Do I get this right?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

helen wrote:I (German woman) intend to visit Pakistan in August. I couldn't have applied for the visa back home as I'm travelling for a long time.
From what I understand, the new system allows me to apply for the VOA online, get the ETA and then claim the visa at the airport. So I wouldn't need to apply for the visa from my country of residence. Do I get this right?
I believe that is correct.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

josetxo

Post by josetxo »

Once you get the Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) and arrive in Pakistan, does anyone know how long does it take to get your VOA in the airport (Islamabad)? We plan on flying to Islamabad and then take a flight to Gilgit without leaving the airport. Before booking flights, I would like to know how much time between flights would be needed to complete the process.

Also, I would appreciate updates on the issue of applying for a VOA or an e-visa and leaving Pakistan by land. We are Spanish nationals living in the UK who intend to enter Pakistan via Islamabad airport in August and leave by land to Xinjiang, China. As far as I understood, neither the VOA nor the e-visa would work for us because we plan to leave Pakistan by land...I just hope this situation changes in the following couple of months and we can avoid the hassle of having to get our tourist visas through an embassy...

Thanks!
0 x

Chinwei

Post by Chinwei »

I have got the visa on arrival but the email mentioned that I can only travel to Pakistan by airport. I want to cross the border by land and I have to cross there within few days. Can anyone advise me? Has anyone crossed the border successfully by land with visa on arrival?
0 x