Visa itinerary for entering China by boat

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
appelyoghurt

Visa itinerary for entering China by boat

Postby appelyoghurt » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:47 pm

Hello everyone!

I’m a Dutch citizen and I am planning to travel from Japan to the Netherlands in April. I want to take a boat from South Korea to China and I will probably leave the country overland to Kazakhstan.

I am currently filling in my application form and found that I have to fill in my entire itinerary in China and mention how I arrive in the country and out of the country. I read somewhere that I have make up a itinerary and book refundable hotel tickets, so that’s fair enough, but I’m curious about how I will mention how I get in.

I was thinking of saying enter China by boat and exiting the same way (I don’t have tickets yet), since I’m not completely sure where I’m going to exit the country and mentioning Xinjiang is probably not a good idea anyway. Would entering and leaving by boat be accepted or do I absolutely need to have plane tickets in and out of the country?

Thanks in advance!
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Re: Visa itinerary for entering China by boat

Postby bwv812 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:50 pm

The safest thing is to spoof an entire itinerary with flights into and out of innocuous tourist cities like Beijing and Shanghai.
0 x
My 2012 overland trip from Tokyo to Istanbul: https://silkroadwanderings.blogspot.com