Valid Pakistan Visa in Old Passport Still Valid?

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
ahafs1

Valid Pakistan Visa in Old Passport Still Valid?

Postby ahafs1 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:09 pm

Hi guys,

Not sure if anyone has experienced similar. Basically, I have a multiple entry visa to Pakistan which is in my old UK passport. As I have since renewed my passport, thus still have a few months left on this visa, anyone know if I am in need of obtaining a new visa (as the visa is stamped in my old passport with the old passport number), or will I be ok travelling with both old and new passports when travelling to Pakistan?

Thanks,
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Valid Pakistan Visa in Old Passport Still Valid?

Postby steven » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:19 am

If your old passport is invalid, I don't see how that is going to work. Your visa will have your old passport number in it.

Unless you have 2 valid passports, logic tells me it's not going to work.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Postby Milad » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:02 am

Logic is not everything here though. Some countries (even the USA!) are fine with you arriving with a valid visa in an old, invalid passport and a new passport. The USA stamp the new passport with a note saying "VIOP" (visa in old passport) in such a case. I have no idea about Pakistan, but the question is certainly not absurd.
1 x

cristiano

Postby cristiano » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:01 pm

I know one italian guy who entered Pakistan a few years ago with visa in old invalid passport and new valid passport.
It was 2016
1 x

ahafs1

Postby ahafs1 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:33 pm

Asking as living out here in the UAE, one can travel with a cancelled passport housing a valid residence visa. As there are different immigration rules to acceptance of visas country to country, hence the reason for asking. Not sure what Pakistani immigration views are of this. Hoping someone who has gone through something similar can clarify. Cheers 😊
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:46 am

Ok, learned something here!
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

ahafs1

Postby ahafs1 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:08 pm

Thought I'd update this post with the response of the Pakistani consulate here in Dubai as I went to see them earlier today to ask. Was told that visa is still valid but I need to ensure that I do travel with both passports.
2 x