Afghan visa from Europe

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Pisti095

Afghan visa from Europe

Post by Pisti095 »

Hello the community! I plan to visit Afghanistan this year, probably Kabul, Mazar-e-Sharif, Herat at least. I've a searched a lot about visas obtention and travelers mainly get it from Khorog or Pakistan and countries around. I have French citizenship but live in Hungary, Budapest. I'd like to know if someone had any experience in getting an afghan visa from Europe, like from Vienna, countries around, Paris and Europe in general? And an would you advise to try to get any elsewhere like from Dubaï? Thanks in advance for your answer and thanks to all contributors of this fantastic forum!
Steeve
0 x

jacoblab1

Re: Afghan visa from Europe

Post by jacoblab1 »

You'll likely only be able to get a visa in Europe if you've got an invitation letter from a tour operator in Afghanistan.

However, it's unlikely that any tour company will provide you with an invitation letter unless you travel with them. If something goes wrong when you're alone, they'll be blamed for it and lose their entire business.

Sorry I can't help any more. It's much easier to get a visa in Pakistan, Bishkek, or Khorog. You could try to email some tour companies in Afghanistan and see what they say, they're experienced with getting tourist visas.
0 x
My solo-travel blog: On The Way Around
Covers destinations such as China, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and more!