Chinese visa application on the road

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
MigratoryBikes

Chinese visa application on the road

Post by MigratoryBikes »

Hi everyone !

With my girlfriend we are planning our next adventure (when it will be possible). We are french travellers who plan to travel by bike from France to Nepal, by crossing Caspian sea and bicycling through Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan and Kyrghystan before crossing Chinese border at Irkeshtam. One of our issues is the chinese visa, because we'll need to apply on the road. I checked everything on the forum (thanks to all by the way) and at this day, I only see a few options :
- to have a 2nd passport to be able to cross borders while sending passport back in France to get visa through an agency as Action-Visas.
- to go to a visa demand center in Central Asia, in one who would be able to get us the visa. My researches lead me only to some potential visa deliveries in Dushanbe, Bishkek with a proof of long-term travelling delivered by the ambassy, Ulan Baataar and in Iran.

To make a detour to Iran is possible, not to Mongolia though. We are aware the situation might be harder in the next months to get chinese visa but we are not necessarily hurried since it'll take months to reach Kyrghystan and China. But considering the situation before COVID epidemic, what do you think of these options?

If you have any suggestion or advice feel free to send your help!
Cheers from France,

Antoine from Migratory Bikes
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Re: Chinese visa application on the road

Post by bwv812 »

The China visa page here on Caravanistan mentions this French service that allows applications by mail: https://www.rapidevisa.fr/Visa/Chine.html

Since you now need fingerprint registration, perhaps the best bet is to register your fingerprints while still in France (by ordering a visa you won't use), then order another visa while on the road.
2 x

MigratoryBikes

Re: Chinese visa application on the road

Post by MigratoryBikes »

Oh yes I forgot the fingerprint... We are forced to do it in France?
Great idea to do it for a "useless" visa before starting to have fingerprints on the passport.

Thank you for your great advice!
0 x