Embassy report: Chinese Visa in Pyongyang, North Korea

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
sgberesford

Embassy report: Chinese Visa in Pyongyang, North Korea

Post by sgberesford »

Hello

Just a quick update on the two embassies where i obtained Chinese visas.

Vientiane, Laos:

Hassle free, no questions asked, I recieved 30 Day tourist visa for 32USD in 5 working days. I had a few hotel bookings and transport in to China booked plus a fake itinerary (just a DIY word document) with a few places on it. It felt like I could of got one without any of that though. Not a busy embassy, very pleasant.

Pyongyang, DPR Korea:

Lots of tour companies take you to the Chinese embassy if you need a visa. Just took 90 minutes and all you need is your passport! I got another 30 day tourist visa for 50USD. Actually quite busy embassy, 30-40 North Koreans applying while I wS there but foreigners get VIP treatment.
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Chinese Visas in Eastern Asia

Post by steven »

Ooo, North Korea, interesting! Was missing that one on the list. Thanks for the updates!
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D