Uzbekistan e-visa for Pakistan and Bangladesh: Q&A

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
ArtsyVandelay

Uzbekistan e-visa for Pakistan and Bangladesh: Q&A

Post by ArtsyVandelay »

steven wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:39 am
Stihia Festival is supposed to happen from 14-15 May in 2021.

I'm from Pakistan and am planning to visit Uzbekistan over the next couple of months or so. Any idea when the E-Visa goes in to effect ? Will save me the hassle of flying to a different city within Pakistan to have my visa stamped.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: STIHIA festival Moynaq: Q&A

Post by steven »

No, I don't know when. I think nobody knows yet. It's just an announcement by a PR person, so could be tomorrow, could be in 3 years time.
1 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

ArtsyVandelay

Post by ArtsyVandelay »

^^ I spoke to someone at the Embassy in Islamabad recently and they said that while they wanted to implement the E-Visa right away, it may take a while for it go in to effect. Will cost me an additional $300 to travel to Islamabad but I'm sure it'll all be worth it.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Sucks to have a bad passport, I feel your pain. I personally have a good one, but I am married to someone with a Kazakh passport, so going anywhere outside of the Soviet Union, it's a problem for us.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

ArtsyVandelay

Re: Uzbekistan e-visa for Pakistan and Bangladesh: Q&A

Post by ArtsyVandelay »

Thanks, mate. Yeah having a lower ranked passport is definitely a hinderance. Luckily, I lived in the States for over 12 years on a student and work visa and during that time getting visas wasn't much of an issue. Moved back to Pakistan last year and while getting visas isn't too hard for someone like me with a solid travel history but it can certainly be more expensive at times and the kind of documentation asked for at time gets quite absurd. Good thing I'm financially sound but I do see myself migrating back to the West over the next couple of years or so.
1 x