Embassy Report : Uzbekistan Embassy in Islamabad,Pakistan

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
ArtsyVandelay

Embassy Report : Uzbekistan Embassy in Islamabad,Pakistan

Post by ArtsyVandelay »

I recently had my tourist visa stamped at the Uzbekistan Embassy in Islamabad. A tour operator in Tashkent arranged an LOI for me.I flew in to Islamabad and showed up at the embassy around 9.15 a.m. the following day. Was advised by the security guards to wait for a little bit. There is a small bench next to the glass counter through which you submit your docs. They do not let you in.

I waited for 30 minutes and walked up to the friendly Pakistani guard who told me that I could now buzz the intercom.I did and a few minutes later an embassy official came out. I told him that I wanted to apply for a tourist visa and submitted my passport which he thoroughly inspected. Then I gave him a copy of the visa application form, LOI and two passport sized photos- one of which he handed back to me. I told him that I was heading back to my city the following day and needed to pick up the visa the same day. He said something but I couldn't hear him over the noise of the traffic behind me. He then gestured 4 with his fingers and I figured I could pick up my passport later that day.

I went back to the embassy around 3.45ish later that afternoon. A few other people were waiting as well. I struck up a conversation with another guy present there to pick up his passport and ten minutes or so later, an embassy official came out and started handing out passport and collecting fees. When it was my turn, I walked up to the counter and told him my name. He showed me my passport through the glass window and I nodded at him. He gave me a receipt for $55. I gave him the exact amount and he thoroughly inspected the bills which I found a bit funny but I can understand why he'd do that. He handed me my passport. I stepped away from the line and checked my passport. The visa had been stamped. I had asked for the duration of stay to be 30 days and the validity to be 3 months to allow for greater flexibility with my travels given what we're going through right now. However, the visa only had a two month validity. I thought about taking this up with the embassy official but he was attending to another person by now and I decided to just let it go. I hailed an Uber back to my hotel.

Overall, it was a decent experience. I didn't really mind waiting outside for half an hour because the weather in Islamabad was quite decent but I can't imagine doing it in the summer given the hot Pakistani summers. Also, it is kind of hard to comprehend what the person on the other side of the counter is saying because of all the vehicles passing by on the main road behind you.

Anyhow, I just felt like sharing my experience. If you have any queries, ask away.
3 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Embassy Report : Uzbekistan Embassy in Islamabad,Pakistan

Post by steven »

Nice to see you decided to go despite the hurdles! Thanks for the report.
1 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

ArtsyVandelay

Re: Embassy Report : Uzbekistan Embassy in Islamabad,Pakistan

Post by ArtsyVandelay »

steven wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:25 am
Nice to see you decided to go despite the hurdles! Thanks for the report.

Yeah mate. Just doing a short 2 week trip to Uzbekistan to get my feet wet, so to say. When I go back for a full-fledged trip around Central Asia in a year or two, I'll at least be with somewhat familiar with the region and can plan my travels more confidently. Choosing to look at it as a glass half full kind of a scenario.
1 x