Kyrgyzstan mountaineering visa

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
matt2matt2002

Kyrgyzstan mountaineering visa

Post by matt2matt2002 »

A Facebook friend said she obtained a mountaineering visa that allows her to stay longer than one month.
I just checked the visa site and it's not mentioned.

Is it easy to extend the first tourist one month visa for a further month?

Thanks
0 x
SIGNATURE
2014 Scottish End2End 1 month
2015 Pamir Highway Tajikistan & Kyrgyzstan for 2 months
2016 Sri Lanka for 1 month.
2017 Herbrides Lewis Harris 2 weeks
2018 Ethiopia.5 weeks.
2018 Marrakech 2 weeks.
On a Thorn Raven/Rohloff hub.

Christian77
Tajikistan expert
Tajikistan expert

Re: Kyrgyzstan mountaineering visa

Post by Christian77 »

What an odd visa. I had to google it. https://mfa.gov.kg/en/dm/-Embassy-of-th ... dfa333cdaf

Why would anyone apply for a one-month visa when it's two months visa free entry for most travelers? And when you can just jump in and out of the country for another 60 days?

Not sure why this visa exists (in the one-month form).

Anyways, if you want specific help and advice, you need to mention your citizenship (so that we know if you're a citizen of one of the few countries that get a maximum 30 day visa).
0 x

MelanieD

Re: Kyrgyzstan mountaineering visa

Post by MelanieD »

He was talking about me, I have a mountain turist visa, not for one but for 3 months (90 days) and multiple entry. I costs me more than 90 dollars and I have to say I made a mistake by not reading the information first before applying for visa. I didn't read the little letters on the menu above, so I filled in my country and than I could choose a visa. I knew that the Netherlands were on the list of visa free countries but I thought at that time (beginning of February this year) that the rules probably have changed in this Covid time, so the formula would be up to date.
Later, after receiving the visa, I wrote the e-visa and said that the formula is not consequent, after filling in the country in my case, there should have been the answer: visa free. The reaction was: "You don't need a visa, but if you really want to have one, you can buy one."
Anyway, I thought to have more freedom with multiple entry and 90 days in stead of 60, but that's a stupid thought because when you leave the country and you enter again a new period of 60 days begins.
Now I am almost 3 months in Kyrgyzstan, I didn't cross any borders because of closed borders so I didn't used the multiple entry and about the 90 days: there is a so called "green corridor" for foreigners so you can stay longer.
2 x