Tajik e-Visa Update

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
tokyodom

Tajik e-Visa Update

Post by tokyodom »

Quick heads up that I have heard from more than one source that the Tajik e-Visa site should be working normally again to process visas. I have even seen the Ministry of Foreign Affairs letter confirming this but would be interested to know if anyone has tried successfully in the last few days ?

Aiming to get a double/multiple entry + GBAO myself so interested in any updates from other travellers.

Thanks
0 x

Christian77
Tajikistan expert
Tajikistan expert

Re: Tajik e-Visa Update

Post by Christian77 »

Good news, hopefully. But a warning to people: the website appeared to be working normally (and still is), but was not giving out visas. They just left it online with no updates throughout the pandemic. They didn't turn off the application system or anything. So people were submitting their info and even a payment (?) (if I recall correctly). So before getting on the website and giving them your money, I would wait until the official announcement.
0 x

Carolinian100

Post by Carolinian100 »

Filed for e-visa on Apr 1st. Got my evisa for Tajikistan+GBAO on June 2nd.
1 x

Christian77
Tajikistan expert
Tajikistan expert

Post by Christian77 »

Thanks for the update. Hopefully (probably) that 2-month time gap is them starting work and going back and granting visas from the back-log of applications. If anyone puts in an application right now, please let us know how long it takes.
2 x